Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #31
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Well, I have just checked my back E-Mails and run a quick test and discovered that I had it bass ackward sigh.

The rechargeables WILL start up the charging circuit. 4 new Alkalines will not.

I discussed this with Gomadic at one point and they said the problem is in the iPod circuitry, not their charger. They suggested that a workaround was to use 3 new alkalines and 1 old one.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdibella View Post
Well, I have just checked my back E-Mails and run a quick test and discovered that I had it bass ackward sigh.

The rechargeables WILL start up the charging circuit. 4 new Alkalines will not.

I discussed this with Gomadic at one point and they said the problem is in the iPod circuitry, not their charger. They suggested that a workaround was to use 3 new alkalines and 1 old one.
I'm glad it will work. Because I plan on getting one of these and I'll be getting the iPod Touch tip for my wife. And I'll be getting the tip for our cell phones, Rio Karma, 500, & 505. And I will be using rechargeable batteries. I just bought some really heavy duty Energizers. So I have 8 rechargeable AA batteries at present.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #33
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
I feel terrible about having mispoken on this, so I ran a quick test just to be completely sure. As it happens I have both Gomadic's battery pack and a Tekkeon pack that also takes 4 AA batteries.

I used the same batteries in both packs, and the same iPod cable, so the only variation is the battery pack itself.

The Tekkeon was able to trigger the iPod touch charge circuit using 4 rechargeable batteries AND 4 new alkalines AND 4 new non-rechargeable lithium AAs.

The Gomadic was able to trigger the charge circuit using 4 rechargeables but NOT with the new alkalines or lithiums.

So if you use rechargeables, either is fine.

Sorry for the confusion, I guess I need to drink more coffee. Or something.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!