Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
pbevill
pbevill began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smile New Member - a Kindle owner

HI! I'm Pam, from South Ga. I've had my Kindle for about 2 months. Just looking for new info and stuff for the Kindle. Happy Reading!!

Pam
pbevill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbevill View Post
HI! I'm Pam, from South Ga. I've had my Kindle for about 2 months. Just looking for new info and stuff for the Kindle. Happy Reading!!

Pam
Welcome to the wonderfull world of ebooks and mobilread. You are among friends and the bar is open.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Pam and welcome to the Forum. If you like ebooks, you will like MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome, Pam.

I've had my Kindle since mid-February and talked my sister into getting one. (Hers arrived on 14 May.) I have bought 12 books from Amazon -- taking advantage of their occasional free book -- and purchased a couple of books from Baen as well. Two authors posted info about their books here in MobileRead and I've purchased their books.

April Hamilton's book Snow Ball was available at Amazon, so I purchased it there. After a bit of a shaky start, it settles down into a delightfully funny mystery. April has a real knack with regional dialogue and that contributed mightily to my enjoyment of her book.

Steve Jordan sells his science fiction books from his own website. They may be available elsewhere, but I didn't search them out. When Steve posted a message offering a free download, I went over to his site to get the book but wound up purchasing a 10-book bundle.

There are many books available here at MobileRead -- most of them carefully formatted and I would venture to say "better" than the corresponding editions that you can purchase at Amazon. The price is definitely better!

Since my sister has just received her Kindle, I put most of the free books (copyright-free or available with a Creative Commons copyright) I had downloaded onto an SD card and mailed it to her. As I put books onto her SD card, I kept a list in a spread sheet with filename, author, title, and source as well as genre and notes. I was amazed that I was sending her over 230 files. Many of the files contain multiple books -- such as the Harvard Classics volumes and the Omnibus editions of H Irving Hancock's Young Adult Adventure novels -- so there's easily more than 500 books in about 150 Meg. Lots more room on the SD card for additional books, too!

So -- enjoy your Kindle. Jump into various discussions. Tell us what kinds of books you're enjoying reading. You'll find nice people here at MobileRead.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello pbevill
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Pam,

Looks like you're in my neck of the woods. I grew up near Brunswick. I'm always pleased to find a fellow Georgian who likes a good book. Be careful not to spill any iced tea on your Kindle!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
Rebeccaforster
Rebecca Forster
Rebeccaforster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi Pam, I'm Rebecca. Author and new member to this forum, too. I just got both my boys Kindles. I'm excited to see how they like them. I'm in Southern California and write legal fiction but also women's fiction. What genre do you like? In my house everyone's different so maybe we've come across something you'd like
Rebeccaforster is offline   Reply With Quote