Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #316
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
@Blossom - how quickly do you get the 20% off coupon after signing up for the newsletter?

NEVERMIND - got the coupon immediately - THANKS BLOSSOM!

Last edited by chilady1; 08-27-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Update to information
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #317
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
@Blossom - how quickly do you get the 20% off coupon after signing up for the newsletter?

NEVERMIND - got the coupon immediately - THANKS BLOSSOM!
The series I recommend is
  • Rock Chick Series
  • The Burg
  • Colorado Mountain Series
  • Dream Man

My first book was Knight and it was really bad. Stay away from it!
I am so glad I gave the author another chance. I read Sweet Dreams which is bk 2 of the Colorado series and it was really good and then I started The Rock chick series and I am hooked!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #318
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I started Knight and didn't get far. Good to know I should just start a different one and not give up on KA.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #319
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Thanks for the pointer to Kirsten Ashley's website. She seems like a nice person as well as a good author. I have until October to spend the coupons, too, so that's good!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #320
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I started Knight and didn't get far. Good to know I should just start a different one and not give up on KA.
Yes give her another shot! You'll be glad you did.
Knight is really bad!

Spoiler:
The hero is a pimp but this okay because he's takes care of the girls really well! The author was trying to go for gangster talk which was bad idea but unless you're familiar with that type of slang it sounds like gibberish. It left me scratching my head wondering what in the world they were trying to say. I felt lost and really got creep out each time he made her call him Daddy during sex. It felt very 50 Shadesish but was not done as well.

Her other books are nothing like Knight from what I've read so far. The Rock Chick one has a very Stephanie Plum vibe to it but as the series goes on it takes a new life of its own. So far book four has been my favorite in the series. I love Jules and Vance!

After I finished the RC series I'm going to go back and read The Gamble. I read that Sweet Dreams and The Gamble are not really connected other then taking place in Colorado however the books after Sweet dreams are connected in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Thanks for the pointer to Kirsten Ashley's website. She seems like a nice person as well as a good author. I have until October to spend the coupons, too, so that's good!
She's is what I call an unconventional writer. She's not for everyone. You will hear it said she needs an editor bad. I use to feel that way but now I've come to love how raw and unpolished her writing is. I can overlook alot because she tells a great story and despite all the grammar rules she breaks the story still flows! I don't know how she does this but it works most of the time.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-27-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #321
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I've downloaded a few samples to check her out. I didn't see her before because I had adult filter on, so I will see from there if her writings are my cuppa.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #322
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Thanks for the info. I'm now signed up on Open Library.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #323
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebies

See Me in Your Dreams by Patricia Rosemoor (McKenna Legacy #1) - published by Harlequin Intrigue 1996

Quote:
Keelin McKenna inherited her grandmother’s ability to dream through other’s eyes and becomes haunted by a teenager's dreams. The girl is is in danger and needs her help. Her father, Tyler Leighton, thinks Keelin is trying to run a scam on him until she dreams of something known only to him and his daughter. As they work together to find the girl, they can't fight their attraction or stop themselves from falling in love.
Love & the Loathsome Leopard by Barbara Cartland (Eternal Collection #13)

Quote:
Tasked by the Prime Minister himself with bringing to justice the smuggling gangs that are rife around the Kent and Sussex coast, esteemed Napoleonic war hero Lord Cheriton is surprised to find a beautiful young girl called Wivina living in his dead and deeply hated father’s supposedly vacant mansion. She has no idea who he is – and when he hears his reputation as a cold-hearted Lord who would turn her out without a qualm, he tells her he is just a passing friend... Nevertheless Wivina seems terrified by his presence – but why?
Realising the entire village is at the mercy of a cut-throat gang and Wivina’s prey to its murderous leader, Lord Cheriton endeavours to save the young beauty who’s stolen his heart while accomplishing his mission to stop the smugglers once and for all.
For the first time, he is fighting not for his country but for the love of his life – and the life of his love.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #324
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

The Wild One by Danelle Harmon (de Montforte Brothers #1) previously published by Avon 1996.

Quote:
England, 1776: Lord Gareth de Montforte is known as an irresponsible rake with a heart of gold. When he takes a bullet for boldly thwarting a stagecoach robbery, he is stunned to discover that the beautiful young woman he has heroically rescued, Juliet Paige, is his deceased brother’s American fiancée, accompanied by her infant daughter. Despite his brother the duke's refusal to acknowledge Juliet, Gareth is determined to do right by the courageous woman who crossed an ocean to give her baby her rightful name. But Juliet is wary of marrying this black sheep aristocrat, even while she is hopelessly charmed by the dashing devil. Never has she met anyone who embraces life so thoroughly, who makes her laugh, who loves her so well. And, even when it seems the odds are against them, Juliet has absolute faith that Gareth will go beyond the call of duty, risking his life itself to give her and her daughter a home — and a love that will last a lifetime.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #325
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kindle Freebie

The Wild One by Danelle Harmon (de Montforte Brothers #1) previously published by Avon 1996.
I was thrilled her books are now ebooks. I've been buying her ebooks as they come out. I realize after adding her to Facebook and reading some of her status updates. She's has been updating her books before releasing them to digital. I'm not happy about that. I think that paperback and digital should be the same. So keep that in mind if you were a fan of the originals.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #326
Janet56
Enthusiast
Janet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Libra, Forma (8 and 32 gb), Sage, Kindle Oasis
I've been wanting to get all Mary Stewart's books in ebooks too and I did find Touch Not The Cat at Amazon for Kindle, at Kobobooks and I think I saw it at Books on Board too.

What I really want are the Elsie Lee books in ebook format!

Last edited by Janet56; 08-28-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Janet56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #327
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
OMG Elsie Lee. They were wonderful! Think I still might have one or two tattered copies somewhere. Had forgotten about her.

I just tried to find Touch not the Cat and don't see it in Kindle in US, but looked on the UK Amazon site and all the Mary Stewarts are available as ebook there, so maybe someday they will make it across the pond. Wonder what else they have ....

Last edited by Carmelreader; 08-29-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #328
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
With all the talk about Touch not the Cat, I just had to go check my bookshelves. Yes! I still have a hardback and pulled it out for a reread sometime.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #329
Janet56
Enthusiast
Janet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enoughJanet56 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Libra, Forma (8 and 32 gb), Sage, Kindle Oasis
Touch Not the Cat

Not sure how to make a link but I just checked amazon.com, put Mary Stewart in the search in Kindle books and Touch Not the Cat is on page 2 of the search results... $7.59. It is just over $6 at Books on Board. Hope that helps!

I still have my paper copy... Also a bunch of Elsie Lees that are getting pretty tattered. Wish I knew how to create ebooks out of those old books before they totally fall apart.
Janet56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:11 AM   #330
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet56 View Post
Touch Not the Cat

Not sure how to make a link but I just checked amazon.com, put Mary Stewart in the search in Kindle books and Touch Not the Cat is on page 2 of the search results... $7.59. It is just over $6 at Books on Board. Hope that helps!

I still have my paper copy... Also a bunch of Elsie Lees that are getting pretty tattered. Wish I knew how to create ebooks out of those old books before they totally fall apart.
You could try those $1 scanning services. They wont send the book back but you get a PDF copy to keep that can be OCR into text.