Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
cmleung
cmleung began at the beginning.

Device: none
PC doesn't recognize my kobo touch

I wasn't able to setup and configure my kobo touch, my kobo desktop simply doesn't see my kobo touch when connected. When I connected, the reader shows connected and charged. First I thought it was defective, but my husband try to set it up on his PC and it works perfectly, so it is not the ereader. I tried uninstall and reinstall the software, no luck. Both of us run windows 7, so it is not the os. I tried to plug in my usb stick on to the same usb port, it works, switching usb port doesn't help, so it is not the usb ports. After hours / days of trying I am ready to give up!

Anyone have any idea what else I can do?

C.
cmleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Are you able to just use your husbands computer to get it set up? And then use WiFi to get book onto your Kobo? You could still shop on the computer but then sync over WiFi.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
cmleung

yes and my husband said the same thing. I have a lot of pdfs loaded in my adobe digital edition on my laptop which I want to sync with my touch. It is just more convenience for me.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
cmleung

Finally I got it working!
Just in case anyone have the same problem, this is what I did.
1. Start -> Devices and Printers.
2. While have my kobo plugin, I click "Add a device" on the top menu
3. Windows did manage to find the ereader and install driver.
4. Under the Devices and Printers screen, eReader appears under Devices now.
5. Open kobo desktop and there it is!
6. Open my ADE, there it is also! Drag and drop all my pdfs there works

C.