Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Smile Kobobooks in European Languages now

I just wanted to check the spechs for the new TouchReader and was greeted by a choice of German books

There are books in German, French, Dutch and Spanish as far as I can see

This is GREAT news. Now I am seriously considering getting a Touch....

Last edited by Poppaea; 06-09-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Please let us know where you will be able to buy one in Europe.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Italian also coming soon!
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #4
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Please let us know where you will be able to buy one in Europe.
The prices are stated in Euro, so I'd guess on Kobobooks.com right now. As there are rumours for Kobo opening a German store and with regard to the fact that at Amazon the German books showed up right before the opening of their German store, I take this as a strong indicator.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:28 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I can hardly find book in French.
Did I miss something ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 05:37 AM   #6
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I can hardly find book in French.
Did I miss something ?
Try this link for French. German. Italian. Spanish.

Damned hard for me to find at first, I can only guess they're slowly rolling out their bookstore to these regions, and will make foreign language ebooks more obvious on the frontpage later. There are some strange quirks, e.g.a few books listed as French appear to be English, but there's a lot of foreign language listings at least.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Try this link for French. German. Italian. Spanish.

Damned hard for me to find at first, I can only guess they're slowly rolling out their bookstore to these regions, and will make foreign language ebooks more obvious on the frontpage later. There are some strange quirks, e.g.a few books listed as French appear to be English, but there's a lot of foreign language listings at least.
There is not much choose in French yet.
I hope this develops.
I'm also annoyed at some books in english that are geo-restricted in france I had to buy these at sony.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I have a friend of a friend of a friend who lives in the chezch republic (Silvan) who bought a Kobo from a the friend of a friend who shipped it to him in the chezch republic. Silvan buys books at electronic bookstores in english, uses Calibre to strip the DRM then uses Open Office to translate the text to his native tounge. "Celý proces trvá mi asi pět minut" he says or "The whole process takes me approximatly five minutes" his words translated to english.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote