Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
Vauh
Zealot
Vauh began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Book numbers (limited)

I have a problem with Calibre.
By default, Calibre accepts a maximum of 4 numbers as volume, i.e. volume 1234.

But unfortunately, I have a collection from a publisher with numbers starting with 00001 to current approx. 35000.
This does not mean, that they published 35.000 book, but numbers 1-5000 are for example Love-stories, 5001-10000 Action, 10001-20000 Science Fiction etc.

How can I solve the problem to include the volume numbers in my Calibre collection?

Thanks for your sopport.

Vauh
Vauh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Please read the sticky in development before considering to post.
Thanks
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauh View Post
I have a problem with Calibre.
By default, Calibre accepts a maximum of 4 numbers as volume, i.e. volume 1234.

But unfortunately, I have a collection from a publisher with numbers starting with 00001 to current approx. 35000.
This does not mean, that they published 35.000 book, but numbers 1-5000 are for example Love-stories, 5001-10000 Action, 10001-20000 Science Fiction etc.

How can I solve the problem to include the volume numbers in my Calibre collection?

Thanks for your sopport.

Vauh
Create your own custom (numeric) column (Preferences Interface ), the populate (on Import) with a custom colum Regex expression (sorry, I am no help at this part )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Create your own custom (numeric) column (Preferences Interface ), the populate (on Import) with a custom colum Regex expression (sorry, I am no help at this part )
1) Kovid might look favorably on an enhancement to increase the series limit up from 4 digits. That might be the best approach.

2) I don't think you can import directly into a custom column. The format would be: (?P<#customcolumn1>.+) in the Adding regex but that will give you a bad character message.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Thats just a limit of the control in the dialog. Will be removed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Vauh
Zealot
Vauh began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
I am glad to read that, Kovid.
Thank you very much.

Vauh
Vauh is offline   Reply With Quote