Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #91
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrodriguez View Post
That's the problem..
I dont have the "My Files' option.
My books are in the My Documents folder though.

I know Im doing something wrong...
Am I downloading the correct app? I got it from the market.
If you look in the top left hand corner of the home page (NOOK library) you'll see a drop down menu (All items / Books / Magazines / Newspapers / My File / Archived)
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #92
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If you look in the top left hand corner of the home page (NOOK library) you'll see a drop down menu (All items / Books / Magazines / Newspapers / My File / Archived)
Scion to the rescue again...

I can now see my local stored ebooks.
So this is an updated version of the app I was using..
I dont think my original app had the ability to read magazines or newspapers.
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #93
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrodriguez View Post
I dont think my original app had the ability to read magazines or newspapers.
Yes, that's what makes the update so exciting! Magazine functionality is identical to that on the NOOKcolor.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #94
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Do any of the apps allow for deleting books from the nc? If so, then I'll be rooting. I'm fine with everything else on the stock nc, but not being able to delete is driving me crazy!

Also, Scion, re tags. Can you tag your books in Calibre and have them carried over to moon +?

Thanks for any help.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #95
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Do any of the apps allow for deleting books from the nc? If so, then I'll be rooting. I'm fine with everything else on the stock nc, but not being able to delete is driving me crazy!

Also, Scion, re tags. Can you tag your books in Calibre and have them carried over to moon +?

Thanks for any help.
Coolreader, Kindle, Aldiko, FBReader, and Moon+ Reader all allow you to delete books. Whether the files are actually deleted from storage or they just remove the book from their libraries I don't know. Most give the option to remove from library or delete the file, so I assume the file will actually be deleted from storage.

I couldn't find the delete function in Nook for Android, but it might have it. At any rate you can easily delete a book file with FileManager.

I should mention that I was talking about sideloaded books. I didn't try this was purchased books.

Last edited by jswinden; 05-28-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 01:40 AM   #96
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post

I couldn't find the delete function in Nook for Android, but it might have it. At any rate you can easily delete a book file with FileManager.
You can delete sideloaded content. Long press on the book icon you're interested in. Select "View Details", there's an option to delete (trash container icon).
Old 05-29-2011, 01:41 AM   #97
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post

Yes it recognizes tags.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:01 AM   #98
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Thanks Jack and Scion,

Given that it will give me my 2 highest priority items (deletion and tags), looks like I'll be rooting. Currently plans are to go with CM7 on my sd card and give it a try. Appreciate the help.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #99
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Is Aldiko the only good reader app that supports original book's page numbering?

Moon+ does not support page number, both FBReader and Cool Reader renumbers pages as part of their page resizing, FBReader does not have a "Go To Page #" and I can't seem to make Cool Reader's "Go To Page #" work after entering the desired page number.

Last edited by livramax; 04-17-2012 at 09:36 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #100
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'm pretty sure Mantano uses the original page numbers.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #101
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I'm pretty sure Mantano uses the original page numbers.
Thanks for the suggestion> I downloaded and tried Mantano and it does retain the original page numbering.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote