Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Yanikou
Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle 3, Sony PRS-T1
Sony PRS 650 - Send to device

Hello,

I need some help with the sending to device option. I'm new to collection and the sending to device options, since I have a PRS650 (was on an Astak EZReader before and It managed folders just fine on an SD Card).

I have configured the following path

Ebooks/{tags}/{authors}/{title} - {authors}

both in preferences / sending to device and in Plugin / Device Interface plugin.

But once I've sent the ebooks to the sony, the files are :

Ebooks/{tags}/{authors}/{title} - {authors}_ {Calibre Internal ID}.epub

I've checked in the config files. I've tried a fresh install on an another computer but same problem.

(Behind this question, my problem is : I've already tons of bookmarks from my eZReader, and now they're not recognized on the Sony, because, I suppose, the different path).

Thanks in advance for your help there.

Yannick
Yanikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Are you looking how the file names are on 650 or are you talking about how you see them on the 650 ?

Is there any reason that you care about the file name vs. the title shown ?
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What exactly is your question?

Edit: @skydream: I hadn't seen your post.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
Yanikou
Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.Yanikou for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
What exactly is your question?

Edit: @skydream: I hadn't seen your post.
Hello,

Sorry, if it was unclear. I've configured Calibre to have files on the sony reader as :
Ebooks/{tags}/{authors}/{title} - {authors}(.epub).

I would like to have them on my sony reader as

Ebooks/{tags}/{authors}/{title} - {authors}.epub
and not as
Ebooks/{tags}/{authors}/{title} - {authors}_ {Calibre Internal ID}.epub

If I connect my Asktak Ezreader, and use send to device, it works fine, with the sony prs 650, it doesn't

And I do care, because, as I said before, actually, I've lost all my bookmarks / annotations.

I have exactly the same folder structure on both my sony and my astak reader, but the filename are differents on the sony once I've sent them to the device.

Thanks in advance.

Yannick
Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems as if your question is "How do I get rid of the calibre internal id in the Sony path"? The answer is: you can't.

I don't understand the bookmarks/annotations part. Are you saying you copied the structure from your Asktak to the Sony, used it for a while, then used calibre? If you did that, then yes, you will lose bookmarks, etc. because the path names will change.
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 01:32 AM   #6
Yanikou

Quote:
It seems as if your question is "How do I get rid of the calibre internal id in the Sony path"? The answer is: you can't.
Yes that's was my question. Thanks for the answer Chaley.

Quote:
I don't understand the bookmarks/annotations part. Are you saying you copied the structure from your Asktak to the Sony, used it for a while, then used calibre? If you did that, then yes, you will lose bookmarks, etc. because the path names will change.
Both my reader use ADE. So I thought it was possible to copy the folder /Digital Editions/Annotations from the Astak to the Sony to keep my bookmarks. But as the internal Calibre ID was not part of the filename before, and it is now, that doesn't work.

I've used Calibre from a long time. But I never used "send to device". I just used the part "save to disk" to save my books on an SD Card. And with this option, the calibre_internal_id is not part of the filename.

Now, as the Sony reader doesn't care about the folder structure, I've understood I need to use the "send to device" option, so I can organize my books into collection on the sony. Because the "save to disk" option doesn't organize the books into collection on the sony.

Is this assumption correct ?

Thanks and have a nice day

Yannick
Old 10-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanikou View Post
Both my reader use ADE. So I thought it was possible to copy the folder /Digital Editions/Annotations from the Astak to the Sony to keep my bookmarks. But as the internal Calibre ID was not part of the filename before, and it is now, that doesn't work.
The ID has been part of the file name for over a year.
Quote:
I've used Calibre from a long time. But I never used "send to device". I just used the part "save to disk" to save my books on an SD Card. And with this option, the calibre_internal_id is not part of the filename.
This is true. Save to disk doesn't know that it is dealing with a Sony.

The same would be true if you used the folder device
Quote:
Now, as the Sony reader doesn't care about the folder structure, I've understood I need to use the "send to device" option, so I can organize my books into collection on the sony. Because the "save to disk" option doesn't organize the books into collection on the sony.
Not sure what you mean by "doesn't care about the folder structure". If you are saying that the menus show metadata derived from the books instead of the path name, then I agree with you.

As for collections, if you want calibre to manage collections (create, delete, etc), then you must use send to device (Sony). If you wish to manage them yourself, then you can other save mechanisms (save to disk, send to folder, copy with a file manager). You can manage collections on calibre's device view, as long as calibre's metadata management option is set to Manual (preferences -> send to device -> metadata management). You can also use the Sony SW. I don't know if any of the new readers can manage collections directly on the reader, nor do I know if ADE can do it.

If you decide to use manual management and the Sony device driver, then you might want to empty the 'create collections from' box found in preferences -> plugins -> device plugins -> Sony.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
Yanikou

Hi Chaley,

thank you for all your answers.

I'll go on with Calibre to manage my collections on my sony as It does a fine job.

Have a nice evening

Yannick