Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #16
samac
Connoisseur
samac doesn't littersamac doesn't litter

Device: EB03 iriver story
EB03 is the wireless, I have both (very long story involving a broken screen), but the firmware works just fine with my EB02 (Firmware 1.86 S/W platform 0.9.85).

samac
samac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #17
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Where'd you find it? I've just been around the iRiver websites, and found version 1.71 (which is what's installed on my machine at the moment) and 1.89 (which is the Russian-specific version).

Where's 1.86?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
samac
Connoisseur
samac doesn't littersamac doesn't litter

Device: EB03 iriver story
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96014 This thread here.

samac
samac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #19
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Got it, thanks.

I'll give it a try.

(Oh, hang on ... hmmm. It's downloading at 4 Kb/sec. Says it's going to take 7 hours to complete. Bugger.)
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #20
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Hi Poppaea,
When I bought my Story, the Sonys weren't really in contention, because sony wasn't distributing them in this country (Australia). CS is an issue with most companies, but I didn't want to wade into a situation where I'd have to be sending it off-shore for repairs or replacement. And to add to that, I was wary of the screens - I prefer an e-ink to a TFT. I know that TFTs can be read in low light (thumbs up), but they tend to give me eye-strain (two thumbs down).

I've considered a Kindle, but I dunno, I'm not convinced. And all my books are in ePub, not MOBI.
Sonys were always e-ink. In fact they were the first company to use e-ink. And now they have a Pearlscreen just as the Kindle has (these are the only two companies at the moment with pearl). The touchscreen is operated via infrared beams, so there is absolutly no glare and the screens are matte.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert