Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Use Coke Rewards points to join sweepstakes for free Kobo

I just got an email from Coke Rewards announcing a new sweepstakes - a chance to win a Kobo Reader in October!

It's only 3 points per entry (and I think there's probably a limit per day of the number of entries) - so even if you don't collect the points regularly, you can enter with the code from the cap of just one 20 oz bottle.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:00 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Now I know what that "FizzyWater" is all about!

You really layed low for quite some time before you lunged!

J'accuse!

Donn

This also explains the preference for Nestle over Ovaltine!

(or perhaps I am just over using the Duh-Donn code)
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 01:11 AM   #3
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey, I was a Dr Pepper fan most of my soda-drinking life. Then I switched to...gasp...diet. Diet DP is just not the same. Diet Pepsi is vile.

Diet Coke...that I guzzle like water!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:21 AM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And here I thought you where an heiress to the Coca-Cola Empire. Just priming the pump for your fortune.

Actually, I am glad you are not. My public declaration of your status might have forced you to send "minions" to silence me.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I LOVE DR Pepper! I used to be a pepsi girl, now I prefer the doc. Diet Dr Pepper is the ONLY diet drink I can even stand. Coke tastes like overly fizzy flavored water to me, and diet coke, geez. It's like someone forgot the flavoring in the pepsi machine and all I got was selzer with a drop of flavor!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #6
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

I will let you two settle your diet cola wars.

All I can add is: Never... NEVER drink RockStar diet Energy Drink!

It is, I imagine, similar to drinking grape flavored plague infested sewer rat urine.

I know that sounds over the top, but the experience of tasting it demands hyperbole.

Back to topic. Kobo is a great ebook store. I assume the devices are satisfactory, and if you get it free for drinking soda.. what is wrong with that?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:53 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I never drink Coke, but I visited a family many years ago, who had a little girl of 2... She needed surgery to get all her damaged (from Coke) teeth removed.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:40 AM   #8
TotallyEpic
Enthusiast
TotallyEpic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + Wifi
Only soft drink I drink is Pepsi Max. I have the odd Sugar Free Red Bull for a quick pick me up
TotallyEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:49 PM   #9
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Well, that was annoying. With the Flash, and having to cycle back to the beginning every time just to get my five entries, it's not worth the trouble. I'll just keep saving up for another SkinIt skin (I've also received binoculars, headphones, a T-shirt and countless Blockbuster rentals free from Coke since this promotion started).
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
FizzyWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Well, that was annoying. With the Flash, and having to cycle back to the beginning every time just to get my five entries, it's not worth the trouble.
They had a "win more points" promotion last month that was up to 5 entries. I just right-clicked on my initial selection, and opened the "game" in a new tab. That way, I didn't have to cycling back to the beginning to play each of the 5 games.

I haven't tried this one because I have two Sony Readers, so would never use the Kobo.