Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #46
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Seems like this thread is dead, but here's one:

The Ghost King--R.A. Salvatore.

The chapter numbers and logos (Chapter 1 with some art etc.) are over top of the titles of the chapters (which should be below the logos) so you can read them.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 AM   #47
raulf
raulf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Title: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
Author: Alan Bradley
ASIN: B002U3CC92
Issue(s): Huge paragraph spacing, capitalization of words at the beginning of sub-chapter sections is missing, lame plain text cover image.
Steps Taken (if any): added whinning review and custom images at AZ.

see for yourself:

ps: wouldn't it be nice to have a (black)list of all titles with issues be at the beginning of the post?

Last edited by raulf; 12-14-2009 at 07:55 AM.
raulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #48
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Nobody contributing here I guess..
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #49
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
It might be easier to flag the ebooks that don’t have formatting issues.

It would certainly be a much shorter list, in my experience.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The latest Star Trek Vanguard book Precipice has Star-fleet sprinkled throughout and it is annoying since it's rather noticeable.

Seeing as this is ePub and not AZW, this thread is no longer Kindle specific. Can the thread please be moved?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:47 AM   #51
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I found this thread by accident tonight after starting a Hall of Shame thread in the General Discussion forum last night which deals with the same problem of poorly formatted books.

I agree with JSWolf that the thread needs its own forum and should not be Kindle specific, and with Zelda that it would be good to record the data in the Wiki - I'd do it myself if I knew how to.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #52
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I've noticed that some publishers have more books with formatting issues than others. Is that the general consensus?
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #53
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I would agree
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote