Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #16
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Look at my location (not a real city).
So does that mean you are not a real person? Just an avatar?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
So does that mean you are not a real person? Just an avatar?
I am an alien, just not one from a James Cameron movie.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #18
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Some folks would probably more inclined to give their locale if they knew it was to their benefit to do so, but a person new to ereaders and their geographic restrictions may not realize this when they enter the community here. In the registration process there could be a note informing folks who are signing up that they will be better able to get help with their questions if they list their location accurately. No requirement, just an explanation on why it's beneficial to do so.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #19
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connallmac View Post
Some folks would probably more inclined to give their locale if they knew it was to their benefit to do so, but a person new to ereaders and their geographic restrictions may not realize this when they enter the community here. In the registration process there could be a note informing folks who are signing up that they will be better able to get help with their questions if they list their location accurately. No requirement, just an explanation on why it's beneficial to do so.
This seems like a reasonable approach. I am against forcing anyone to enter this kind of information, but we could offer it in the sign-up process as an optional information with a brief explanation.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #20
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I could swear I was making the same suggestion.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #21
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Heh, yes and I saw that, too.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:05 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I am an alien, just not one from a James Cameron movie.
With respect, Daffy, your location is highly ambiguous. Because I have worked for a while in the USA, I am guessing that by "CA", you mean the US postal abbreviation for the state of California. The vast majority of international readers will be totally unfamiliar with these and will most likely take "CA" to be the country code for "Canada" (which it is).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #23
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
With respect, Daffy, your location is highly ambiguous. Because I have worked for a while in the USA, I am guessing that by "CA", you mean the US postal abbreviation for the state of California. The vast majority of international readers will be totally unfamiliar with these and will most likely take "CA" to be the country code for "Canada" (which it is).
That would put you somewhere in ON(tario) Daffy.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #24
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
With respect, Daffy, your location is highly ambiguous. Because I have worked for a while in the USA, I am guessing that by "CA", you mean the US postal abbreviation for the state of California.
Maybe.

Quote:
The vast majority of international readers will be totally unfamiliar with these and will most likely take "CA" to be the country code for "Canada" (which it is).
Ya got me... eh! I'm a Canadian who has never been to Canadia (or Canada if you prefer... eh).
Old 01-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #25
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Pretty much, I seem to have missed it as I was skimming through the thread. Great minds and all!
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #26
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
That would put you somewhere in ON(tario) Daffy.
I've clearly shared way too much information. I've been found.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #27
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Swearing doesn't become you -- besides alien avatars aren't supposed to know how to swear
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #28
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Swearing doesn't become you -- besides alien avatars aren't supposed to know how to swear
I *could* swear but I didn't because as you've stated, I don't know how.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Ok, instead of forcing people to fill in location, how about we just strongly suggest instead?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Ok, instead of forcing people to fill in location, how about we just strongly suggest instead?
If you look at the "Introduce Yourself" forum, you'll see the sticky includes this message from DaleD........very well said. As much I as I would like to see everyone list a location, after thinking about it, I can understand why it isn't feasible to make it mandatory.

" Welcome to the forum.

Please add your location to the information about yourself. (At the top of the forum page tap on 'User CP'.) This will greatly help others target answers that are specific to your part of the world. The country name is enough unless you want to provide more. eBook and reader availability and rules are very different in some parts of the world."