Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
Yirabeth
Yirabeth began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Greetings :)

Hi, new to the forums here! I came looking for a program (web search) for my old RocketBook that I found in the basement, I had quit using it because the battery won't hold a charge (But you can read as long as it's plugged into electricity) My son would like to use it, at night before sleep, so I needed the program. It's so old I couldn't find my original software...

I did find the link in the old devices forum, so thanks for that

For my reader I use the eBookwise 1150...a nice enough one I suppose but I miss my RocketBook...you could switch the screen so that the battery was at the top, and sit it on a table and read and the tilt was just right I wish I could find a new battery for it. Although my eBookwise does have that expansion card..that is nice.

I've been watching the various book readers in development and don't like the lack of backlighting in the 'latest and greatest' so if something happens to my ebookwise I'll probably just order another...it's a heck of a price jump to pay for something that isn't as good as what you already have (in my own opinion and for my own uses lol) Although I've seen some here that I didn't know existed so I'll probably check them out.

So anyway a thanks for the link I've already used to get the software, and a hi and nice to meet you all

~Yira
Yirabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Yira
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirabeth View Post
I've been watching the various book readers in development and don't like the lack of backlighting in the 'latest and greatest' so if something happens to my ebookwise I'll probably just order another...it's a heck of a price jump to pay for something that isn't as good as what you already have (in my own opinion and for my own uses lol) Although I've seen some here that I didn't know existed so I'll probably check them out.

So anyway a thanks for the link I've already used to get the software, and a hi and nice to meet you all

~Yira
I wholeheartedly agree that EBW1150 is an almost perfect machine. I would still be using mine, except I needed to be able to increase the fonts much bigger than the device allowed. It can be done by using Calibre and mobi2imp, but I just got tired of having to convert everything just for big fonts.

There are hundreds of IMP format books here that will work perfectly for you without having to convert anything. Click the "e-books" link in the blue bar above.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Yira and welcome to MobileRead. Actually, I've found the lack of back-lighting isn't a problem. I've been reading on a Sony 505 for well over a year now and have gotten very used to it. I used to read on an iPaq and found the back light annoying. And there are plenty of clip on lights available for eInk readers. In fact, the Sony 700 has a built in light
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
If you are happy with your ebookwise, that's what counts.
It certainly seems like a nifty machine. I did take a look at
getting one but found the sony 505 was better suited for me.

Glad you joined us here.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
Yirabeth
Yirabeth began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
In fact, the Sony 700 has a built in light
I've been browsing through the forums here today and found that out. For me it will still be a price issue though... $350 vs. $150'ish (w/expansion card) Right now with money being pretty tight, I'd still go with the eBookWise... but if this one lasts long enough, I may well end up with a Sony 700 I'm sure the eInk would be better than the unreadability of the eBookWise in sunlight (which I usually don't mind all that much, I just adjust the settings) My ebook goes EVERYWHERE with me..pop it into my bag and read in line at the bank, at the doctor's, etc etc etc And of course my nightly read before falling asleep - my reason for needing a backlight. (I hate "added" gadgets... book lights at the top? Bleh!)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone

~Yira
Yirabeth is offline   Reply With Quote