Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
iphone
iphone began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks
Is there a way you can put e-books into your email on your iPhone through iTunes?

I have been downloading books individually from my dropbox app but it takes a long time to put my books and my e-book applications this way.

What I mean is that I can only download one book at a time picking a book from my dropbox app on the iPhone and opening it with a given eBook reader.

But I would like to open multiple eBook files on the iTunes first from dropbox and then sync it into several ebook readers in my iPhone from iTunes.
iphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The Apple device forum is here.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Apple Forum because......

this thread has no business in the General Discussion forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
There is a limitation with the "Open In" where you can't pull more than one thing at a time. You'd have the samw issue wih any other way you'd try it.

Are you just trying to make it easier to not have to go back and forth in the Dropbox app because it's refreshing itself? You could e-mail yourself the files, yeah. I just have a message that I reuse over and over and attach stuff to.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
There is a limitation with the "Open In" where you can't pull more than one thing at a time. You'd have the samw issue wih any other way you'd try it.

Are you just trying to make it easier to not have to go back and forth in the Dropbox app because it's refreshing itself? You could e-mail yourself the files, yeah. I just have a message that I reuse over and over and attach stuff to.
One way of sending a lot of books at once is by rar-ing them without compression and then opening this archive in some app that can unrar them and preferably organize them in folders and subfolders, like we would a hundreds of mp3 files.

Last edited by markom; 02-16-2015 at 03:57 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:19 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphone View Post
I have been downloading books individually from my dropbox app but it takes a long time to put my books and my e-book applications this way.

What I mean is that I can only download one book at a time picking a book from my dropbox app on the iPhone and opening it with a given eBook reader.

But I would like to open multiple eBook files on the iTunes first from dropbox and then sync it into several ebook readers in my iPhone from iTunes.
I feel like this is all rather muddled. What exactly is your situation? You have a bunch of ebooks (what format?) in Dropbox, and you want to read them on your iPhone - have I got that correct? You don't need email or anything to achieve that goal.

I'm going to assume these are epubs, they are DRM-free, and that you have a computer of some sort, Windows or Mac, with iTunes installed on it. In which case:

* install your chosen reader app on your iPhone (Marvin is popular, but you can just use iBooks or the Kobo app or whatever).
* Grab the epubs from Dropbox with a browser on your PC, and put them in a folder on your PC, if they're not there already.
* Go to iTunes on your PC, connect your iPhone to your PC, and select the iPhone icon in iTunes.
* In iTunes, you are now in the section which manages your iPhone. Click "Apps" in the sidebar, then in the main window, scroll down past the Apps section to "File Sharing". Choose your reader app in the section just below that File Sharing heading, and a window will appear on the right. Drag your epubs to that window, and drop them. Then they can be synced to your iPhone.

Last edited by meeera; 02-17-2015 at 07:22 AM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:15 PM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
It's pretty easy to copy multiple ebooks to your iPhone using iTunes. If you're using iBooks, you just have to drop the books in the books part of itunes I think. But since you seem to be using other apps, you'll have to open the apps tab on your device, then scroll down to the file sharing area. You can then drop your files in the file sharing area of your app. Here's a YouTube video that should give you an idea what to look for (the hardest part is to locate the file sharing area, after that it should be easy).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ-LcjC7Zww
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:45 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I use dropbox all of the time and I simply run the dropbox app for the iPhone and use the device itself. You just share the file and a all of the correct reading apps will appear.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote