Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koenieee View Post
sergeyvl12, did you get it working?
I'm looking for something to write a standalone QT app (same as your checkers)
Hi!

Not yet but I will. I've just received my Kobo Touch and start immediately as soon as finish Android version of chess.

I think we need to write a plugin that allows to run standalone applications.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #17
koenieee
Enthusiast
koenieee doesn't litterkoenieee doesn't litterkoenieee doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Yes, that would be a great idea!
Btw, how did you compile your checkers? Because on my Glo it says Segmentation Fault.

In my own example app, the fonts aren't working, I use Georgia that is listed in the qt embedded dir (on the Kobo), but still just Zero's. How did you solve that?
koenieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #18
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, that would be a great idea!
Btw, how did you compile your checkers? Because on my Glo it says Segmentation Fault.

In my own example app, the fonts aren't working, I use Georgia that is listed in the qt embedded dir (on the Kobo), but still just Zero's. How did you solve that?
Finally I got checkers working on my Kobo Touch (2.3.1). I implemented my own touch and screen plugins for Qt. Now it can be started from telnet. The only things to do are:

1. Start from plugin
2. restart nickel after program exit

Download link is the same (first post)

koenieee, please try it on Glo.

As for fonts, I use

export QT_QWS_FONTDIR=$root/fonts

in the checkers.sh to provide my own fonts to Qt embedded.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 01-02-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #19
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
It works fine on my Glo, nice work! Though it does need higher resolution graphics to look good on the Glo.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
It works fine on my Glo, nice work! Though it does need higher resolution graphics to look good on the Glo.
Thanks, Kevin!

Now I want to provide easy way to start my applications on kobo (Sokoban, Checkers, Othello, Chess). Today I tried to develop a plugin with buttons for start applications. It started well but touch input doesn't work... It makes task more complicated.

Another problem is that a user need to update sqlite database in order to start plugin.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #21
koenieee
Enthusiast

Maybe you can start the sh script directly from the plugin interface?
Using the plugin interface ah- created

When it is al working may I use your libs and tips to create a tutorial for other people?

Edit:
It works very good even with my own application. Only my fonts aren't yet working.

Thank you!

Last edited by koenieee; 01-03-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #22
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Maybe you can start the sh script directly from the plugin interface?
Plugin interface doesn't work for me any more The reason is unknown. It worked well but stop working some time ago...

(Firmware 2.1.4 Plugin Alpha Release)

The single solution I see for now is to write my own plugin that will run a "starter" application that will have buttons and can start custom applications.

Besides this plugin will update database (only my file entry to my mime type).

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenieee
When it is al working may I use your libs and tips to create a tutorial for other people?
Sure!

Quote:
Edit:
It works very good even with my own application. Only my fonts aren't yet working.
A bit of patience KoboLauncher is ready. I managed to start it from the scripts plugin. It provides a menu for select Qt application and acts as qws server. I'll upload the working solution soon (tomorrow?).

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 01-03-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #23
koenieee
Enthusiast

Yes, that would be great!
Could you tell me how you set your font in qt?

I use this: QApplication::setFont(QFont("Georgia", 12));
and the QFontDatase gives Georgia as a installed font, but still I get squares as text

Edit: Nevermind, it is working!
I used the fonts you provided, and it is perfect!

Last edited by koenieee; 01-03-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #24
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Yes, that would be great!
Could you tell me how you set your font in qt?

I use this: QApplication::setFont(QFont("Georgia", 12));
and the QFontDatase gives Georgia as a installed font, but still I get squares as text
I don't use "Georgia"... I don't use any Kobo ttf font. I use "Djvu Sans" font that distributed with qt.

As I've mentioned earlier, the way to specify a directory with fonts in Qt embedded is:

export QT_QWS_FONTDIR=<dir with your fonts>
./program

Tomorrow I'll try to add "Georgia" font to my font directory and select it in application.

Quote:
but still I get squares as text
On latin characters or on some national characters?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #25
koenieee
Enthusiast

Have you seen my Edit?
It is working now, with your font.

Maybe it would be kind to add a button to restart nickel, using this script for example:
http://pastebin.com/gEuQpaU5

and this piece of code:
Code:
void App::on_pushButton_2_clicked()
{
    QMessageBox msgBox;
    msgBox.setText("Wait for nickel");
    msgBox.exec();
    QProcess *proc = new QProcess();
    proc->start("/home/admin/nickel_start.sh", QStringList());
     QApplication::quit();
}
This works, but after nickel is started the Wifi isn't working (doesn't make connection), but you can read books

Last edited by koenieee; 01-03-2013 at 06:23 PM.