Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-09-2008, 06:53 AM   #31
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Thanks... not sure how that helps me.

BOb
You wasn't looking for text files?

Michael

PS, I double checked and all of the titles are text with some also having an html file.
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:57 AM   #32
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Make sure that you don't directly open a text file in Book Designer. It makes a complete hash of all the paragraph breaks if you do so. I speak from experience!
I usually run it through word first to strip out the carrage (sp?) returns but yes, it can convert a properly formated book into one long paragraph.

I have some lit files that I run through Amber, converting them to fb2, open in bookdesigner and convert to rb for my Rocketbook.

Michael
Old 05-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
250 Coupe why are you not running the latest Book Designer 5?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 Coupe View Post
You wasn't looking for text files?

Michael

PS, I double checked and all of the titles are text with some also having an html file.
Yes, but YOU having the CD doesn't help ME.

Or am I missing something?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #35
250 Coupe
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, but YOU having the CD doesn't help ME.

Or am I missing something?

BOb
I thought you had downloaded the D image,

"Well, not so much. I downloaded the SF CD image and all the books are in HTM.

Nice thought though.

BOb"

That would mean that we both have the same thing maybe except that I burned mine to a CD?

Michael
Old 05-16-2008, 02:40 AM   #36
250 Coupe
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
250 Coupe why are you not running the latest Book Designer 5?
Didn't know it was out.

Where to get if I don't read Russian?

Michael
Old 05-23-2008, 04:48 AM   #37
mikev
mikev began at the beginning.

Device: ECTACO jetBook e-Book Reader
month use jetbook

I'm using this device approximately 1 month, and this post will try to summarize all the advantages and disadvantages of this device.

Advantages

1. Long time, the use of the device. When fully charged battery, I can use it 10 days. This does not mean that I read the book 10 days to 24 hours.
2. The convenience for me is the fact that when you turn off the unit-text on the screen remains in the place where I finished reading.
3. Quick and easy removal of read texts.

Inconvenience

1. Unable to load the texts of Russian books in Windows Vista, only Windows XP. Perhaps this is because the curve is very Windows Vista operating system, in which anything can happen.
mikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #38
b0rsuk
meles meles
b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
How is the screen quality compared to epaper ? Is it stable, or does it have 60Hz refresh rate ? What about ppi ? Resolution ? Is it as easy on the eyes as e-ink ?
How long does the jetbook last on a single charge ?

Last edited by b0rsuk; 05-24-2008 at 03:08 AM.
b0rsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #39
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rsuk View Post
How is the screen quality compared to epaper ? Is it stable, or does it have 60Hz refresh rate ? What about ppi ? Resolution ? Is it as easy on the eyes as e-ink ?
How long does the jetbook last on a single charge ?
Read my review in the other thread for most of this info. But, quick answers.

The screen is very readable. The contrast isn't quite the same, but it was as easy to read as my Sony was. I didn't see any flicker at all. The PPI is on their web site spec, I don't recall what it was... higher than the eInk's if I recall. The battery lasts for 20hours of "on" time.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #40
Chuckwade87
Connoisseur
Chuckwade87 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Reading the advertisement I conclude from the 20H battery life that this is NOT an e-ink device.
Both my "red flags" come up when I see a "russian" site to order something - I would never order tis device however I do like the Landscape/Portrait rotation option and the additional page-flipping buttons
.cz stands for the Czech Republic.
Go tell a Czech he is russian and see what happens
LOL.

I like the landscape/portrait rotate as well though....
Chuckwade87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, ectaco, jetbook