Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shidunce
Well, all written above is my opinion and I don't want to discuss it here.
Uhhhh.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-28-2012 at 08:00 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #17
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Ummmm.
I agree with your sentiment. Then what was the reason for the OP to start this thread (other than expressing views that could be interpreted as "advertising" for the OPs profession)?

But it brought me on a trip down "memory lane", so it was perhaps not a total waste of time. Stirring up FUD about wifi and cellphones (which use MUCH less power than back when they were all analog) may help bring in business, but that method of "advertising" is more suitable for politicians and insurance salesmen.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-28-2012 at 08:05 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #18
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Nothing is safe. Life is a terminal condition.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
The Sky is Falling...!! The Sky is Falling...!!

Whatever...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #20
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Nothing is safe. Life is a terminal condition.
I claim infringement of my IP here. In post #6 I said "life is a terminal disease", and your statement is clearly a derivative of mine. (Just kidding).
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I agree with your sentiment. Then what was the reason for the OP to start this thread (other than expressing views that could be interpreted as "advertising" for the OPs profession)?
I was reacting mainly to the impressive quantity of words shidunce utilized in the three posts that followed the declaration of NOT wanting to discuss something here. I can only imagine the sheer volume involved if an actual discussion had been desired.

As for the specific content of the FUD presented ... it's been overdone. I'm tired of it. I demand new and exciting FUD.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-28-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #22
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Radiation, tin-foil hats, and Bacon Bacon ice cream.

I'd say this qualifies as one of the best threads ever.

Good show.
You missed the OP's suggestion to sit on the roof for a week to test his hypothesis. I think the health effects of that would swamp any EMF exposure.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #23
geekmaster

Quote:
I was reacting mainly to the impressive quantity of words shidunce utilized in the three posts that followed the declaration of NOT wanting to discuss something here. I can only imagine the sheer volume involved if an actual discussion had been desired.

As for the specific content of the FUD presented ... it's been overdone. I'm tired of it. I demand new and exciting FUD.
Let's hijack this thread to spread fear of bacon! Do they even sell bacon in Israel? It MUST be dangerous! We could sell a bacon protection kit, and use FUD to advertise it here.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-28-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Let's hijack this thread to spread fear of bacon! Do they even sell bacon in Israel? It MUST be dangerous! We could sell a bacon protection kit, and use FUD to advertise it here.
Whoah, whoah, whoah!
I cannot in good conscience participate in any hair-brained bacon defamation campaigns. I do have some scruples left. Besides.... no one would believe us. It's bacon.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #25
geekmaster

This baconfest ought to take a few years off your life:

And it even includes a "sleeping on the wireless device" (with bacon) shot, for even more wonderful FUD.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-28-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #26
geekmaster

Quote:
Whoah, whoah, whoah!
I cannot in good conscience participate in any hair-brained bacon defamation campaigns. I do have some scruples left. Besides.... no one would believe us. It's bacon.
Okay, then all we are left with is a "fear of FUD" campaign. Where is the fun in that? Without FUD, how can we have democracy? Why will people even bother to vote if not in temporary pre-election fear of the "other" political party (inspired by all the political FUD occupying the media channels)?

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-28-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #27
geekmaster

Quote:
Whoah, whoah, whoah!

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-28-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #28
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Quote:
You missed the OP's suggestion to sit on the roof for a week to test his hypothesis. I think the health effects of that would swamp any EMF exposure.
Actually, I slept on a street facing balcony on the 9th floor of an apartment building every night for a month, this was a few years back during August-September timeframe. Every single night. Then I went to my office job on the 15th floor of a govt. building complex.

Doing a wifi scan from my laptop at the 9th floor height I was able to identify the SSIDs of over a hundred home routers.

I felt really refreshed in the morning waking up. I miss it to this day.

I also felt really refreshed a few days ago when I napped for a bit on the ground at night during a show.

And I felt refreshed when I stayed in someone's cottage for a month in the mountains with no cellular or wifi signal, but I had the heat off and the windows open.

So it's probably not the height or the EMF spectrum, but the simple fact that fresh clean air is good, while indoor air quality in poorly maintained buildings is not so great.. which is why one needs to have a good set of indoor plants.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #29
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Here is a nice chart explaining radiation doses.

Actual radiation, as opposed to buckets of electromagnetic spectrum.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #30
Sunspark
Zealot

Here is information about wifi: