Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-09-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
rancourt
rancourt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Android / Aldiko for Android
Likebook Ares - Wallpaper Problem?

Hello! Brand-new Ares owner, and generally speaking, I'm loving it, though I'm encountering one particular problem that's vexing me. Has anyone else here encountered this, and if so, is there a known solution or workaround?

* Desired result: I'm looking to run a third-party launcher (Nova Launcher preferred, but willing to consider others with similar functionality and customizability) with a white background.

* What I've done: Updated to latest available firmware online (2.3.3-2020041717), activated Google Play Framework, installed Nova Launcher and Nova Launcher Prime from the Play Store. Also tried Lawnchair, Smart Launcher, and Evie.

* What happened: The background is always black-or-close-to-black. Attempts to set a background image (long-press on desktop > Wallpapers > select any image > Set Image) return me to the desktop with the same black/dark grey uniform background.

Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts on what to do about it? Many thanks in advance; a quick search of posts with "wallpaper" in 'em didn't turn up an answer, but if I've missed an existing answer, mea culpa and apologies.
rancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:59 AM   #2
truzz82
truzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animalstruzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animalstruzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animalstruzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animalstruzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animalstruzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animalstruzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animalstruzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animalstruzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animalstruzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animalstruzz82 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Likebook Mars
I'm not really a regular on this board, I just lurk from time to time to see if anyone found a way to root these devices, so apologies if a better solution has been posted.

As far as I know it's not possible to change the wallpaper, but I posted a workaround some time ago:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...23#post3873623
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...02#post3877002
truzz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
rancourt
rancourt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Android / Aldiko for Android
I'll give this a shot, Truss82. Thank you!
rancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #4
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
As far as I know, Boyue removed a chunk of Android "wallpaper" code from their firmware.

I'm still in a process of drafting a "feedback" e-mail to send to them, and I'll be sure to reference this thread.
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Please look at this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=334497
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
likebook ares, nova launcher, wallpaper