Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 04:50 AM   #1
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
BOYUE Likebook Note

So hey everyone. Been a while. Have some great news. *Drum roll*

Boyue is launching a new device soon, I guess this might have been leaked and discussed earlier. Expect it next month.
Link: http://www.boyue.com/category.aspx?nid=58

Also, the UI you see on the mentioned device, will be provided via an update to our Likebook Plus devices too. This should be expected in April'18 too. Expect a revamped PDF reader and other optimisations.

So, stay tuned.

P.s., I am not a company representative or official. I just happened to grow a good reppot with the sales team. This, I am passing on. Enjoy.

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:02 AM   #2
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post

Boyue is launching a new device soon, I guess this might have been leaked and discussed earlier. Expect it next month.
Do you mean the JD-Read Venus (Link)?

Or is it a different one?
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2018, 07:13 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Do you mean the JD-Read Venus (Link)?

Or is it a different one?
Since this one doesn't look anything like the one linked to by fernsruben I'm going to guess, no.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:31 AM   #4
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Since this one doesn't look anything like the one linked to by fernsruben I'm going to guess, no.
I couldn't open fernsruben's link . It just takes me to Boyue's mobile webpage. What is the name of the new device?

EDIT: now I think I found it in the mobile site. It is the the Likebook Note, right? 10.3 inches device

Last edited by colibris79; 03-28-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:42 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Here is a short description for the Likebook Note.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2018, 01:55 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I moved this to a new thread and it is not the same product as the earlier thread. I have also built a wiki page for this device BOYUE Likebook Note.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:38 PM   #7
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Here is a short description for the Likebook Note.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I moved this to a new thread and it is not the same product as the earlier thread. I have also built a wiki page for this device BOYUE Likebook Note.

Dale
Thanks, guys!
Old 03-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #8
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Quote:

Dale
Thanks @DaleDe
Old 03-29-2018, 01:08 PM   #9
fernsruben
Connoisseur

The guys at Boyue seem to really take great pride in releasing the LikeBook Note. I do wish the specs were a bit more lustrous. But it's still a reader, doesn't really need supercomputing specs to run it.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #10
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:

Dale
Also to update, the model number for the LikeBook Note will be 'T103'.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:24 AM   #11
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
WTF!! It's a large reader with an old processor! But T80s has a quad core chip...

I'm glad I bought Likebook Plus.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #12
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
WTF!! It's a large reader with an old processor! But T80s has a quad core chip...
Well, for speed junkies ordering a Onyx Boox Note is already an option. But unlike the still unavailable BOYUE Likebook Note it doesn't offer much more than just CPU power and a more modern Android. No SD-Card, no hardware buttons, no audio jack.

While i was playing with the idea of acquiring an Onyx Boox Note, ultimately i decided against such a costly purchase because i don't think that a faster CPU and a more recent Android really outweights the painful absence of useful features like an SD-Card reader and actual hardware buttons.

For my own limited personal usage scenario the BOYUE Likebook Note will most likely deliver much more practical value than any other current offering on the e-ink market. I am waiting since years for an ereader with this well balanced resolution/size/dpi for my pdf reading purposes and it really doesn't require any fast CPU to fulfill my actual needs in this area.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:36 AM   #13
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
Well, for speed junkies ordering a Onyx Boox Note is already an option. But unlike the still unavailable BOYUE Likebook Note it doesn't offer much more than just CPU power and a more modern Android. No SD-Card, no hardware buttons, no audio jack.
Onyx is creepily expensive. I need it speedy to read A4 pdf easily by changing between page sectors quickly.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:39 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would say given that you want A4 PDF, go for a 10.5" or 12.5" iPad Pro. You won't find these Readers all that wonderful reading PDF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:57 AM   #15
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
[...], go for a 10.5" or 12.5" iPad Pro. You won't find these Readers all that wonderful reading PDF.
Problem is that all those wonderful iPad and similar tablets might have everything and the kitchen sink, but they seriously do lack the principal feature that makes an e-reader device so very attractive: they don't have an electronic paper display that easily allows to spend as much time reading as with real paper with virtually no eye strain.

For people who spend lots of hours daily reading this is the main reason to actually want nothing else but some variety of an e-ink display, even if apart from the clearly superior reading comfort they are lacking everything else and all the bells and whistles not directly related to the reading process.

Don't get me wrong, tablets like the iPad are very nice and versatile devices for lots of purposes. But they are definitely not the best solution for extended reading. This has already been discussed ad nauseum in earlier threads in this forum so there certainly is no need to waste any more words on this topic.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote