Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 05:44 PM   #1
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur
ItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Browser history and search on the browser address bar?

I'm probably opening too many different threads. Sorry about that, it's just that I have been using my Kobo for a while and I'm really curious about how it works.

Since the web browser does not store any browsing history, I was wondering if there's any way to store the addresses of the websites visited on a plain text file? Probably the browser must tell on its output the websites that are being visited? If so, it would be easy to redirect that output to a .txt file, and then open it with the web browser. One could even use some shell magic to convert those addresses into links in order to make a static HTML history page. I was wondering if any of you has made any research into this.

I am also looking for a way to do DuckDuckGo searches on the address bar.

What I have found so far is that, if you type something like "foo" on the address bar, the browser tries to visit "http://foo/". I was wondering that in this case one could redirect those addresses that lack a .com, .org, etc. so that they are turned into something like this: "https://duckduckgo.com/?q=foo".

These are just some really early ideas, but maybe I could find something to use them
ItalianUruguayan is offline   Reply With Quote