Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #106
mank
mank began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3 2015
Did the fake registration work? do we need to make extra changes to reginfo file?
mank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:30 PM   #107
smogf
smogf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014
Work for me on Kindle Basic 2014. No extra line in reginfo required.

IP list to block:
72.21.194.114-72.21.215.189
176.32.99.24-176.32.101.122
54.23.228.161-54.239.29.128

Deregister before adding these IP's

Stay fake register after adding.

----
Sorry for my bad English. Is not my native Language.
smogf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:41 PM   #108
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by smogf View Post
Work for me on Kindle Basic 2014. No extra line in reginfo required.

IP list to block:
72.21.194.114-72.21.215.189
176.32.99.24-176.32.101.122
54.23.228.161-54.239.29.128

Deregister before adding these IP's

Stay fake register after adding.

----
Sorry for my bad English. Is not my native Language.
There is a button for that (tm):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205925

It's been there about three years by now.

1 00 00
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:14 AM   #109
ivegotkindle
ivegotkindle began at the beginning.

Device: KT3 5.8.10
For those who succeed, can you use the Wikipedia and Translation feature? Does anyone had experience with KT3 on 5.8.10?

Thanks in advance
ivegotkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:34 AM   #110
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotkindle View Post
For those who succeed, can you use the Wikipedia and Translation feature? Does anyone had experience with KT3 on 5.8.10?

Thanks in advance
Nothing reported yet.
You try it an report back here.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:10 PM   #111
ivegotkindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nothing reported yet.
You try it an report back here.
There are some reports that pushing the reginfo will make the Kindle stuck on bootloop. What are my options if this happens? or how can I mitigate this issue?

Thanks!

EDIT: is there anyone that happens to have KT3 or PW3 on 5.8.10 firmware willing to share the content of /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo here? Thanks in advance

Last edited by ivegotkindle; 10-08-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #112
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
There are some reports that pushing the reginfo will make the Kindle stuck on bootloop.
- - - -
If you read it on the Internet, it must be true, correct?
Links please.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:49 AM   #113
ivegotkindle

Quote:
If you read it on the Internet, it must be true, correct?
Links please.
It's here, a few pages back.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=64

I just want to double check. There's no harm in checking and questioning, eh?
Old 10-09-2017, 12:01 PM   #114
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
It's here, a few pages back.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=64

I just want to double check. There's no harm in checking and questioning, eh?
There is not enough technical context provided by that member to generalize.
That is, we never saw the actual file they placed on the Kindle.

Since this thread has been here for five years, and only that one report, I strongly suspect it was a local screw-up by the poster.

= = = = =

How did you get your Kindle blacklisted by Amazon?
That could make a difference also.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #115
ivegotkindle

Quote:
There is not enough technical context provided by that member to generalize.
That is, we never saw the actual file they placed on the Kindle.

Since this thread has been here for five years, and only that one report, I strongly suspect it was a local screw-up by the poster.

= = = = =

How did you get your Kindle blacklisted by Amazon?
That could make a difference also.
Whether he's right or wrong is irrelevant I think, I just want to know, if I luckily got stuck in a boot loop, what is my options?

Got it secondhand with the box, can't register. Costumers protection in my country is almost non-existent so I can only swallow the pill and use what I've got.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:10 AM   #116
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Whether he's right or wrong is irrelevant I think, I just want to know, if I luckily got stuck in a boot loop, what is my options?

Got it secondhand with the box, can't register. Costumers protection in my country is almost non-existent so I can only swallow the pill and use what I've got.
The sale of stolen merchandise should be universally against the law.
Contact your local law enforcement.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #117
ivegotkindle

Quote:
The sale of stolen merchandise should be universally against the law.
Contact your local law enforcement.
I'm not here to argue about morality. Thanks, but no.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #118
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I'm not here to argue about morality. Thanks, but no.
Let me rephrase the above poster.
You will get no help for stolen devices here.
It doesn't matter if you stole it or bought a stolen one.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Have a nice day.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #119
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
I wasn't able to open .mobi files after setting up a fake reginfo using the format recommended by OP. Hopefuly there is a /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo example that works fine for later models / firmware here:

Quote:
givenName=Hacker
userId=amzn1.account.XXXXXXXX3AAA587YYYYYYYYYYYYY
deviceName=FakeReg
userName=Hacker
deviceEmailAddress=hacker@kindle.com
After a reboot my kindle can see .mobi files again!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:45 AM   #120
Vamp12
Vamp12 began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
is it possible to have a fake registration on a non jail-broken device? I've ordered a Kindle Oasis 2 from amazon, but it had some problems with a battery, it lasted no more then a week. Amazon did send me a new one that works great, and they blacklisted the old one. It is still usable but I can't create collections and some of the features are greyed out. So I was wondering if there is a way around? I don't need to connect to amazon, but it would be nice to have the rest of the features working. I'm on a 5.9.2.0.1 firmware, and from what I red it isn't jail-breakable yet. thanks for help
Vamp12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, fake registration, hacks, paperwhite, registration