Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
cored
cored began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon kindle I
Amazon kindle batery charge

How can i charge amazon kindle acu without using the device? i have universal charger, with voltage switch ! can u explain the meaning of wires or how to connect!
cored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, cored.

Where are you located? That might help with the answer, however, I am not understanding your question completely.

Hopefully someone else will log in with more helpful info...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cored View Post
How can i charge amazon kindle acu without using the device? i have universal charger, with voltage switch ! can u explain the meaning of wires or how to connect!
I have a Kindle 2, not 1 so this may be wrong:
You should have received a cable to connect the kindle to the USB-port of your computer. That is probably the best way to charge it.

If you really want to use some other charging device (like a universal charger) and want to build your own cable, look at wikipedia or such where the layout of the connector is described. On the Kindle 2 the connector is a standard micro usb. I am not sure about the Kindle 1.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
The Kindle 1 does not charge well from the usb port. You will need an a/c charger like the one that came with the Kindle. It uses a pin connection and a transformer with a 5.0V output

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote