Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #1
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Anyone else reading The Story Of Edgar Sawtelle?

I'm around page 40... it's 576 pages long!! I love it so far. I would highly recommend it.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:03 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Havent heard about it even, what genre is it?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Fiction.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:41 AM   #4
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I downloaded this one from Fictionwise yesterday as it had 100% micropay rebate, so I thought I'd give it a go...............not started yet, just finishing up another FW one called Calling, wonderful read so far, very unusual and intersting. Hope this one is as good.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Sadly the fact Oprah recommended it is actually a turnoff for me. I'm one of those old-school pulp adventure fans.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Sadly the fact Oprah recommended it is actually a turnoff for me. I'm one of those old-school pulp adventure fans.
I did download it since it was 100% free. But as you said, when Oprah recommends something, I generally tend to ignore it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Havent heard about it even, what genre is it?

It may still be free from Fictionwise, if you already have some Micropay money with them.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post

Forget about Oprah.

If you respect Stephen King, then he wrote some glowing comments about the book. Nevertheless, go to Amazon and read some of the reviews. Doing that convinced me that I wanted to read this free book.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #9
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Unfortunately I blew all my micropay last week. So I don't know that it will still be free when I have spare money.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #10
mbagsh55
Enthusiast
mbagsh55 doesn't littermbagsh55 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700/Zaurus SL-3100
I will admit that the Oprah thing would have put me off had I known about it ahead of time, but I downloaded from Mobileread and am thoroughly enjoying the tale.

I mostly read SF, Pulp-Fiction and Fantasy, but this is a well written story that has me easily relating with the characters and reading at a fast pace.

I would recommend it, and certainly would with hindsight happily pay real money for this.
mbagsh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I bought this today. I am not sure this would normally be my 'thing' but it was 100% micropay and I planned to (and did) spend the micropay immediately on some other stuff, so I wound up with like ten books for my $16 bucks. And with the buywise club sale going on, I actually got back in micropay almost a dollar more than the cost of the book.

The iPod Touch has revitalized my reading. I feel okay with trying different books like this because I know I will not have to sell them back to the used bookstore due to storage space issues in my house. I can try as many books as I want and have them all forever
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:41 AM   #12
GatorDeb
Evangelist

Which 10 books did you get for $16?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:49 AM   #13
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ten books, not 16. I spent 16 on the Edgar Sawtelle. With it, I bought:

1) A Strange Valley [Strange Valley Series Book 1] by Darrell Bain
2) Just Add Trouble by Jinx Schwartz
3) Blind Faith by Colin Harvey
4) Tornado Bait [A Tina Anderson Mystery #1] [MultiFormat] by Amy Eastlake
5) Darkly Dreaming Dexter [Dexter Series Book 1] by Jeff Lindsay
6) Three Plums in One by Janet Evanovich

The Evanovich is three novels in a collection, making my total nine, plus the one I bougt to get the micropay (the book in this thread title). So that's ten books for about $17 dollars. And with the buywise micropay bonus, I actually got back in micropay 85 cents more than the book cost!
Old 09-30-2008, 04:43 AM   #14
GatorDeb
Evangelist

I went ahead and added those 6 books and I get the following:
How did you get those books for $16?! I'd be interested in buying them for that price.

Total $31.06
Micropay Rebates $3.31
Old 09-30-2008, 08:14 AM   #15
ficbot
Wizard

I was in the buywise club, I think? I don't know. I just added stuff to my cart then checked out and used micropay.