Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-08-2021, 04:32 PM   #1
ianc
ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
epub metadata in context menu?

Hi Folks,

My library has about 1200 books in it. I sometimes find I don't recall the specifics of the book just by looking at the title and author. Rather than firing up Calibre to browse them, it would be nice if I could just right-click on an epub file and get perhaps a thumbnail of the cover and\or the plot synopsis\comments displayed using a Windows shell extension.

Has anyone heard of something with that functionality?

Thanks!

Ian
ianc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW - Epub Preview in Windows File Explorer - don't set your hopes too high

And there's this ==>> MobileRead Wiki - Thumbnails

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2021, 05:09 PM   #3
ianc
ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the response! I'll check those out,

Ian
Old 10-11-2021, 04:51 PM   #4
ianc

Hmmm... Tried both of those on my Win10 X64 machine, but neither works for me I'm afraid. Thanks though!
Old 11-27-2021, 04:37 PM   #5
oldboys
oldboys has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oldboys has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oldboys has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oldboys has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kobo
Installation:
unzip to any folder
Start a command prompt with administrator privileges
(Search cmd, up command line desktop application, right click run as administrator)
navigate the command line to the dll directory
at the command prompt:
regsvr32.exe epub_handler.dll
to break down a small window
Its distance is the same, with the / u switch

regsvr32.exe / u epub_handler.dll

System requirement Vista / Win7 or Win10
Download
https://app.box.com/s/sqazp5b07mt6cdyaz3qmdyg3caaul56k

How to use: windows explorer / view / preview panel on

language hungary (oppsz sorry)
writing for my own use 2018