Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Nick_Djinn
Edge User

Longer Lasting battery Needed. Also, external power backup.

Like the title, this awesome device needs an upgraded battery option. An external portable plug and play battery pack is also something you might consider under accessories.

When are we going to see a better hibernate feature?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Djinn View Post
. . .When are we going to see a better hibernate feature?
Likely when entourage releases the Android 2.2 update for us.

Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 04:43 AM   #3
walt526
Edge User

Is there any other device (maybe a camcorder?) that uses the same battery module as the eDGe around? I have to imagine that they would want to use something readily available rather than design and manufacture a custom battery. It may be possible that there's already something on the market that would work with a higher capacity than 25.2 Wh.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
The battery looks customized for the eDGe. It's incredibly flat (and light).
I've seen some laptops that use a similar batter -- flat, slides completely internal, rather than the thick ones that snap on the bottom. I don't recall seeing something so small and thin. It looks like it could be custom/specific to the edge. Nothing on the label found anything useful in google.