Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 05:29 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwballl View Post
This is pretty much a mute point anyways for many of us...
The expression is "a moot point", not "a mute point". Not getting at you, screwballl; this is one of my pet hates .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:34 AM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The expression is "a moot point", not "a mute point". Not getting at you, screwballl; this is one of my pet hates .
Your write. What else is their to say?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #48
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Your write. What else is their to say?
Their you go again!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #49
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
How many students can afford $600 ~ $1000?
STUDENTS? What about the rest of the broke population...I didn't even pay that much for my laptop and netbook put TOGETHER.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
STUDENTS? What about the rest of the broke population...I didn't even pay that much for my laptop and netbook put TOGETHER.
There's room on the market for both inexpensive and more expensive devices. Not everything has to be dirt cheap.
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #51
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
The expression is "a moot point", not "a mute point".
Or, to quote Joey on Friends: "It's a moo point. It's like a cow's opinion - it doesn't mean anything. It's moo.'
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #52
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
There's room on the market for both inexpensive and more expensive devices. Not everything has to be dirt cheap.
Certainly--but price alone isn't the only value. You get to a certain price-point and you have to compete with devices that provide a lot more function for that price. With tablets becoming more common...there's going to be a lot of form-factors, prices and functionality out there. I'd need quite a bit of functionality and a particular size to even begin looking at such an expensive device. Not to say it won't fill a need, but I think competition is going to be stiff!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #53
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
Quote:
Since TubeMonkey took two of my pet hates I guess all I can say is I kno what you mean.

I guess you could respond with " " and call it a mute point.

These seem to fit here.
Blackberry and four candles
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #54
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Certainly--but price alone isn't the only value. You get to a certain price-point and you have to compete with devices that provide a lot more function for that price. With tablets becoming more common...there's going to be a lot of form-factors, prices and functionality out there. I'd need quite a bit of functionality and a particular size to even begin looking at such an expensive device. Not to say it won't fill a need, but I think competition is going to be stiff!
Sure, I agree, but $600 is iPad territory, and they've sold like hot cakes. If a device does what a buyer wants it to, it's not an outrageous figure. Of course, only time will tell if this device really does do what people want!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #55
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You get to a certain price-point and you have to compete with devices that provide a lot more function for that price.
Believe me, I'm all for things being more affordable for all, but you do realise that you're on a forum where just last year, many of it's members paid $300+ for a device that only reads ebooks and in black and white, no less.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #56
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Believe me, I'm all for things being more affordable for all, but you do realise that you're on a forum where just last year, many of it's members paid $300+ for a device that only reads ebooks and in black and white, no less.
Touché!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #57
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
go back and look at how many of us are original K1 owners
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:20 AM   #58
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
go back and look at how many of us are original K1 owners

The K1's were $300, right? My Sony 505, 700 & 600 were all $300 each. The 505 got my obsession rolling in April, and by Sept I had purchased 2 more Sony's. It wasn't until this year (thank you Amazon) that prices finally dropped.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #59
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
The K1's were $300, right? My Sony 505, 700 & 600 were all $300 each. The 505 got my obsession rolling in April, and by Sept I had purchased 2 more Sony's. It wasn't until this year (thank you Amazon) that prices finally dropped.
as I recall they were originally over $400
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #60
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
OFF TOPIC

I nominate this thread as having the best title of 2010!

DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote