Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Device: 800sg
can someone help me to identify the error of the script?

I just wanto change the system style file for epub file "/usr/share/userStyle.css" which can make it possible to support simple chinese characters.

But I put the scripts into the sd card, and run it, most of the time it will tell me "the application cannot be opened. Possibly the application is already open. Close it first and try again".

I attached the files and ask someone know the 800sg scripting to tell me what's the problem.

All the best!

Tiger
Attached Files
File Type: zip epubchinese.zip (1.6 KB, 235 views)
tigerszheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:10 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi Tiger,

I took a quick look at epubchinesecopy.desktop and noticed the following line:
Exec=/media/mmcblk0/p1/Programs/_epubchinese/epubstyleinstall.sh
which should be:
Exec=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_epubchinese/epubstyleinstall.sh

I am not sure if you need to use the full path for the fc-cache command, so /usr/bin/fc-cache. I am also not sure if you need the reboot in the copy script?

Did you install rxvt that was ported by GregorRichards? It opens a terminal window that allows you to check if the .sh files are correct.

Good Luck!
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Thanks, Mackx.

It's great for rxvt, I can check everything. Before I just wonder how can I connect to the system.

Problem is solved, I use the terminal to finish the copy and modification.

BTW, the keyboard in 800 is too ... bad, it doesn't have "_" , ">" keys which will make it very trouble to type.

Thanks again

All the best!

Tiger
Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Quote:
BTW, the keyboard in 800 is too ... bad, it doesn't have "_" , ">" keys which will make it very trouble to type.
It does. Change to numbers "123" and then press Shift.

I can recommend good old Midnight Commander as an improvement of rxvt. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87413

Last edited by dima_tr; 08-15-2010 at 06:50 AM.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:55 AM   #5
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
I can recommend good old Midnight Commander as an improvement of rxvt. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87413
Yes, that is still on my todo list, thanks for reminding
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
tigerszheng
Enthusiast

thanks for recommendation.

That's another great utility.