Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM   #1
9acca9
9acca9 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 10 gen
Trying to move Library to other location (database is locked)

Hi.
Im trying to get up a backup i have from my library.

I have now my library in a LXC debian (proxmox). And im sharing the library through SAMBA.

Im running Calibre in my notebook. And connecting from my notebook to the lxc samba share.

When i try to move the "calibre library" to my real library (the backup) first say that the database have some errors, Ok, and try to fix... after several hours seeing how it is looking at the books, etc. i get this:
calibre, version 6.26.0
ERROR: Fallo al reparar la biblioteca: La restauración de la base de datos falló, pulsar «Mostrar detalles» para más información
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/restore.py", line 148, in run
    self.create_cc_metadata()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/restore.py", line 276, in create_cc_metadata
    db = Restorer(self.library_path)
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/restore.py", line 56, in __init__
    backend = DB(library_path, default_prefs=default_prefs, restore_all_prefs=restore_all_prefs, progress_callback=progress_callback)
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/backend.py", line 476, in __init__
    self.initialize_database()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/backend.py", line 1334, in initialize_database
    cur.execute('BEGIN EXCLUSIVE TRANSACTION')
  File "src/cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.BusyError: BusyError: database is locked
Why in hell is locked?? it is a permissions thing?
Code:
 ls -la metadata.db
.rwxrwxrwx 386M panchines  8 feb  2021  metadata.db
it look like anyone can write there... so maybe it is other thing.
i can create files in the samba share...
i dont know what to do.

Can you help me please?
9acca9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:24 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...rked-drive-nas
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert