Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 02:06 AM   #1126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The plugin does not work for me. I tested it on 6 books and the error log posted is pretty much the same for all of them. The KeyError: u'remove_page_map' error looks suspiciously like it relates to the changes for page-map.xml files.

Code:
calibre, version 3.12.0
ERROR: Modify ePub failed: No ePub files were updated

Modify ePubs
Logfile for book ID 4085 (Alphabet Soup / Ann Onymous)
  Modifying:  C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_t_57ch\rcqvps_modify_epub\4085.epub
Parsing xml file: content.opf
Parsing xml file: toc.ncx
	Looking for files to remove: [u'iTunesMetadata.plist', u'iTunesArtwork']
	Looking for files to remove: [u'META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt']
	  Found file to remove: META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt
	Looking for files to remove: [u'.DS_Store', u'thumbs.db']
Alphabet Soup - ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 80, in process_book
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 133, in _process_book
KeyError: u'remove_page_map'

ePub not changed after 0.59 seconds
Edit: After updating to Calibre 3.13.0, I re-ran Modify Epub against the same files and no errors.
Tried it on my work machine which is actually calibre 1.48. No problems. But, did you restart calibre at any time? That could be an issue with the configuration being read but not updated.

@BeckyEbook: The new option should be in the "Adobe" section. It is an Adobe extension to the epub file.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:46 AM   #1127
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
Bump version

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@BeckyEbook: The new option should be in the "Adobe" section. It is an Adobe extension to the epub file.
You're right.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modify ePub.zip (215.8 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 12-12-2017 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Bump version
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #1128
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Tried it on my work machine which is actually calibre 1.48. No problems. But, did you restart calibre at any time? That could be an issue with the configuration being read but not updated.

I'm fairly certain that I did restart Calibre before I first noticed the issue and I did restart before trying another book. Crap happens.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-01-2017 at 12:08 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #1129
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
deleted...

Last edited by deback; 12-14-2017 at 11:37 PM.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #1130
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
Because most of the time when there's a page-map.xml file in the epub file, the page numbering is messed up in the ADE reader. For example, it will show (1) (1), as if there was only one page. It might not get messed up in devices like the Kindle or Nook, but I always delete the page-map.xml file to solve that problem.
I don't think I have ever seen a page-map.xml in any of my epubs, so I have no idea how they work. Do you have an example you can post? A link if it is legally available somewhere, or run it through the ScrambleEbook plugin. I'm curious about whether the Kobo devices handle these properly.
Quote:
Thank you to the creator of Modify ePub for adding this new feature!
The creator of Modify ePub (and a lot of other plugins) hasn't been around for a while. There are a few people here who have been maintaining his plugins to keep them working and add function as needed. So, thanks to BeckyBooks for stepping up.

@BeckyBooks: If everyone is happy with the change, send a PM to a moderator with asking for the plugin to be updated. But, you need to bump the version number so that calibre will detect and announce the update. It's in __init__.py.
Advert
Old 12-12-2017, 03:25 AM   #1131
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Because most of the time when there's a page-map.xml file in the epub file, the page numbering is messed up in the ADE reader. For example, it will show (1) (1), as if there was only one page. It might not get messed up in devices like the Kindle or Nook, but I always delete the page-map.xml file to solve that problem.

Thank you to the creator of Modify ePub for adding this new feature!
This is why I ask you about it. This means that a real page (1) is split into more than one pages. 1-1 or (1)-(1) means that this is the first part of page one and will shown on eReaders with Adobe RMSDK.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:29 PM   #1132
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

deleted...

Last edited by deback; 12-14-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:33 PM   #1133
deback
Book E d i t o r

deleted...

Old 12-12-2017, 11:38 PM   #1134
deback
Book E d i t o r

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Modified version of the Modify EPUB plugin with the added ability to delete page-map.xml files.

Here

Thank you very much! Sorry, I just found your message, because I haven't been following the Plugins thread (until now). This addition will be very useful!
Old 12-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #1135
deback
Book E d i t o r

deleted...

Last edited by deback; 12-21-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:51 AM   #1136
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
@BeckyBooks: If everyone is happy with the change, send a PM to a moderator with asking for the plugin to be updated. But, you need to bump the version number so that calibre will detect and announce the update. It's in __init__.py.
Actually, I think I have some beta tweaks (related to formatting) on my test box. They're stable enough to roll out, as I've been using them myself, but they're also minor enough that I didn't want to make a new version for 'em. I wouldn't mind combining those with the new feature while we're operating.

Quote:
I don't know if I made myself clear enough. When there is a page-map.xml file in the epub, quite often, the page numbers at the top or bottom of ADE, depending on which version of ADE is being used, will be very inaccurate. The total page numbers will not be listed. It could show that there is only one page in the book, or it could say two pages, or maybe 3 pages or more, but it will be way off from the total actual pages in the book.
That doesn't really clarify anything, because "actual pages" could refer to several different things. For ebooks where a print edition exists, I tend to define "actual pages" by reference to the print version, which in theory should match a provided page map of either format (NCX or Adobe). It could also relate to the ADE-generated page numbers, which really have nothing to do with a reality-based page count. So, how are you using the term?

Furthermore, your report here is muddy:

Quote:
Let's say you're on page 250 in the epub file. The page number at the top or bottom of ADE might say that you're on page 2. Deleting the page-map.xml file fixes the problem, and then the total correct number of pages will be displayed in ADE. I've seen many page-map.xml files in epub files that messed up the page-numbering in the epub file. I've seen very few page-map.xml files in epub files that did not mess up the page-numbering.
In a previous message, you appeared to be saying a double page number would show up, but now it looks like an incorrect one shows up instead of the correct one. Finally, you also acknowledge that sometimes the file causes no such problems.

This is why sample ebooks make all the difference. That's something we can actually examine and test, and we can try different approaches to see what the results are. As it stands, all we have to go on are your reports, with no way to even verify that a problem exists, let alone what else may be contributing to it. It's like telling your mechanic that your car's electrical system is shot without even testing the battery to see if you've got power - maybe that's accurate, but there are other possibilities to consider.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:12 AM   #1137
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Actually, I think I have some beta tweaks (related to formatting) on my test box. They're stable enough to roll out, as I've been using them myself, but they're also minor enough that I didn't want to make a new version for 'em. I wouldn't mind combining those with the new feature while we're operating.
I nearly suggested you have a look to check the changes as you have made the most recent changes. But, if you have some other fixes, then merging them makes sense.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:08 AM   #1138
deback
Book E d i t o r

deleted...

Last edited by deback; 12-21-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #1139
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
So, here is an image of the ADE-generated page numbering (that is incorrect due to a problem with the page-map.xml file that's in the epub file):

What else do you need?
A large enough image to actually see. Just take the screen capture again and if it's too large, just attach it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #1140
deback
Book E d i t o r

deleted...

Tags
modify epub