Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Two instances of Calibre

I have one library in Calibre that holds al my normal books. And another library with books thad need some work done. Things like updating the meta data and covers. When I would do that in the main library the risk of making mistakes is to high. I could easily delete or change the wrong book. And it also would mix finished and unfinished books.

But I often want to compare a book 'in progress' with another one that is already finished. For example:check if the name of the author is exactly the same or if the name of a series is correct.

Then it would come in handy if I could have two libraries open at the same time. Or have two instances of Calibre running. Is there any way to do that?
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No, there isn't
To bad , thanks for the swift answer.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well.... install a copy of VMWare or Virtual PC or similar, and run a second O/S
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
CuriousGrrl
Kindle lover/Linux user
CuriousGrrl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
You can't run a second instance that uses the command line option to look at a different library?
CuriousGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert