Notices

Old 08-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
mrsonyreader
eBook Enthusiast
mrsonyreader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-505)
Comic PDF

Hey,

I have some Calvin and Hobbes PDF comic files, and I was wondering how I would get them onto my new Sony Reader? What does 'reflowing' mean and will it apply to me? Do I need to convert anything or should I just load the PDF's as-is?

p.s. I'm a nub, but a pro-nub Confused with all the xxx2xxx apps...
mrsonyreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
ZenEngineer
Connoisseur
ZenEngineer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505
You shouldn't have any problems. It may be too small to see well, but you won't know until you try it. If you use the Connect software, then add the file to your library and then transfer to the reader. Otherwise, just drag and drop the file into the drive for the reader.
ZenEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
mrsonyreader
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenEngineer View Post
You shouldn't have any problems. It may be too small to see well, but you won't know until you try it. If you use the Connect software, then add the file to your library and then transfer to the reader. Otherwise, just drag and drop the file into the drive for the reader.
I'll try it out, but what if it IS too small? How should I enlarge it more? Thanks!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Linux has a nifty tool called pdfimages as part of the xpdf software package which allows you to extract them. Windows users could use these freeware tools here. Once you have the raw images, you add them to a zip file, rename the zip file to somefile.cbz and use comic2lrf (part of Calibre) to create a neat Sony-native format file.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
mrsonyreader
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Linux has a nifty tool called pdfimages as part of the xpdf software package which allows you to extract them. Windows users could use these freeware tools here. Once you have the raw images, you add them to a zip file, rename the zip file to somefile.cbz and use comic2lrf (part of Calibre) to create a neat Sony-native format file.
Hmm.. any software for OS X? Although I can use Windows, so it's okay. Thanks!
Advert
Old 08-18-2008, 03:43 AM   #6
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You should be able to compile XPDF from source on OSX
http://forjournalists.com/cookbook/index.php?title=XPDF
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote