Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Remove Tags from all books

Is there an easy way to remove the tags from all of the books in my collection at once? And is there a way to not download tags when I download metadata?
And, if I want to have the books go into collections on a Sony 600 according to Author would I put that in the tag space? Like Evanovich, Janet? or Janet Evanovich, no comma?
Sorry to be so dense, my neighbor has a Sony and I get to be in charge of putting all books on it. I tried the Sony software, but I really really hate it. If I can figure out Calibre it would make me a much happier camper!
Love the software!
Thanks,
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Is there an easy way to remove the tags from all of the books in my collection at once? And is there a way to not download tags when I download metadata?
And, if I want to have the books go into collections on a Sony 600 according to Author would I put that in the tag space? Like Evanovich, Janet? or Janet Evanovich, no comma?
Sorry to be so dense, my neighbor has a Sony and I get to be in charge of putting all books on it. I tried the Sony software, but I really really hate it. If I can figure out Calibre it would make me a much happier camper!
Love the software!
Thanks,
S
Pick a book without a tag (if possible)
Open the meta-data editor,
on the right side of the Tag entry field there is a icon
"open tag editor"
On the left side of that there is a delet icon that delets tags that are selected in the list.

There will be a warning (and you can choose see a list of affected titles if you want)
I also believe later versions of .7.x will allow you to delete/rename from the Tag Browser"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 02:56 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins - Sony device interface - customize. Here you can decide what is used for collections. Tags and series are the default but if you want every author to have a collection then add author or author_sort. By default author_sort usually has Last name, first name and will create a collection Evanovich, Janet and author usually has first name last name will create a collection Janet Evanovich. See attached for clarification.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony_plugin.png
Views:	229
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	56076  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Thanks Guys! I really appreciate it. It's so nice to get easy to understand directions. I can't believe how convoluted the Sony Software instructions are. And how awful the program itself is. I can't get Sony to not start up every time I start my computer. I hate programs that do that without permission! I think I am going to format her Sony 600 and start all over with Calibre. It is just so much 'cleaner' on my computer.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote