Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 03:19 AM   #1
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
PDF transfer to Sony PRS-900 broken?

First let me say how much I like the Calibre software! Very useful and well thought out.

Now to my problem, each week I get a PDF from US News and transfer it to my PRS-900 with Calibre. I have been doing that for a long time without the slightest problem. After upgrading to 0.7.14 yesterday, the file seems to transfer okay, but when opened on the reader I get blank (white) pages. When I attempt to view the file in Calibre from my reader, I get an error (14) and a message indicating an error occurred during opening. I can open the PDF from the Calibre library though, just not from the reader after transfer.

The original PDF opens fine on my laptop and when transferred using the Sony Reader Library software I can open it on the 900 just like always.

Anybody else experience this?
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:06 AM   #2
k0077
k0077 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
I get the same problem when i convert novel to pdf format format using calibrea, its fine on my computer/reader library but when i want to read it on my actual redaer (after disocneecting) all i egt are blank pages???

( i use PR-300). its so annoyiong, most of my ebooks are pdf format and i cant read any of them???
I need helpt too, iv yet to find a solution, im a newbiw at this ereader thing, so i was baffled wheather my reader was faulty or something was wrong with the pdfs??

Last edited by k0077; 08-14-2010 at 06:08 AM.
k0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->plugins->metadata writers and disable the pdf metadata writer and see if that fixes it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Go to preferences->plugins->metadata writers and disable the pdf metadata writer and see if that fixes it.
Thank you for the quick reply. Disabling that plugin does indeed resolve the problem and the PDF is viewable on the reader and from within Calibre through the reader just as usual.

Not being familiar with the plugin, what functionality is lost by disabling it? Is this something that will be addressed in a future upgrade?

Thank you again for your assistance! Calibre is truly awesome!!!
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the metadata wont be updated in the PDF files when the plugin is disabled. calibre is waiting on a new release of podofo (the library used to set pdf metadata) to fix this issue.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert