Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
dutch1
dutch1 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
hello this is me, 66, and bought a reader

hello all,

New here and want to introduce mysel\f.
I just bought in London Airport a reader of Sony.
I am using computers already for a longer time
I am an Ubuntu fan
So, looking for a solution for my Sony Ebook-reader, I thought Ok, let us join and after knowing something help others.

Hans / dutch1
dutch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi Hans, welcome to mobileread

A very informative place for all your ebooking questions

Have fun with your Sony reader
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	p_dutchhellotree.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	39493 Hans, and welcome to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Hans and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony eBook reader (505) since Jan 08 and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #5
pissing
pissing began at the beginning.

Device: Adobe Reader 9
hey,good moring
i am always in interest in Ubuntu,does it work well?
my friends tell me most profiles don't support it
pissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Welcome Hans!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:51 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya Hans. You have a great wee machine there. If you'd like some free new books to get you started, visit www.bewrite.net and drop me an email of any titles that catch your eye (ntmarrATbewrite.net -- with the @ sign, of course). I'd be more than happy to send them over to you. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
dutch1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissing View Post
hey,good moring
i am always in interest in Ubuntu,does it work well?
my friends tell me most profiles don't support it
Hello again,
yes ubuntu is great.
no troubles wiith virusses until now
all anyway most of the drivers are found automaticcaly, for me the reason 2 years agon to start with linux/ubuntu.
as long as one relalize that it is not windows with .exe - installing, but with a huge packet to install from ( Synaptic) then you can find a lot of free software and simply install it.
besides that the ubuntu-community is very eager to help if necessary

Hans
Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #9
dutch1

thanks for the nice welcomes.
Appreciate it very much
hans
Old 11-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello Dutch.

You might want to check out the Linux version of Caliber - it is an ebook management system available on Windows, Mac and Linux.

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #11
kindlemap.net
kindlemap.net began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hi Dutch1. I am new to the site as well. My son is a big ubuntu fan. He has tried to get me interested in it but I am pretty much a windows fan (no pun intended).

Hope to chat with you often.

Regards,
Al
kindlemap.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:28 AM   #12
dutch1

Tahnk you all for the nice words and tips.
Will try Caliber.
Hope to hear from you soon again
And yes I like Ubuntu.
9.10 is again better and can be downloaded to burn and used next to windows, so ou can choose which software you ant to use.
Hans