Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Rooting makes the T1 better. I also bought mine just because I knew I could root it. Read this thread here.

edit: not just because. But that was a strong reason.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-15-2012 at 09:17 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #17
Flip Martian
Connoisseur
Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.

Device: Sony PRS 350, iPad, Sony PRS-T1
Thanks both. Interesting!
Flip Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
verdemanzana
verdemanzana began at the beginning.

Device: smartphone
What rooting package did you use? Does it resolve refreshing issues?

Hi there

I am looking into the T1 for the same reasons Anabellita would choose it. I am just concerned with the refreshing issues. I´d like to know whether the rooting package you used gave you the option of refreshing ever 6 pages or so, or you had to go through any extra process in order to do that. Would you share the rooting link? Thanks a million to all for the great advice and detailed explanations.

Ana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
The only reason I upgraded from my PRS-650 to the T1 was precisely because I could root it

The ability to run apps is fantastic. I can run the excellent BBC News app, RealCalc, ConvertPad, Kindle, aCalendar, Wikipedia Pro, Tube Master (which has saved me from a lengthy travel delay more than once now), PowerAmp etc. I can even check my email.

I used my 650 daily to read books, but had to carry around my tablet to do other stuff. I can now just carry around my T1 most days.

I've gone from just an eBook reader to something much more useful.
verdemanzana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #19
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
My Prs-350 died today he fallen on the floor upside down and screen is now ruined

So now I would but the T1 (if I could found it, as T2 cannot be rooted easily) so I'll ask for features too, I used EBook Applications in 350 so how much are the differences in reading experience?

In particular:
  1. There's an app that support correctly styled text? That is that show bold, italic, underlined correctly?
  2. There's an app that shows correctly footnotes? Ebook Applications showed something as &foonote and nothing else
  3. There's a possibility to REALLY read PDF?
  4. In the 350 I couldn't read in comfortable way read Comics, theoretically EBook Applications supported them, but the screen in too little! There's an app that in some way adapt them to the screen?
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote