Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
unscented
unscented began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Unmounting SD card?

I'm a fairly new Nook Color owner and love it so far. I've gotten a lot of help by searching topics in this Forum - THANKS!

I have a question I've been unable to find here - it may be one of those questions that has an embarassingly obvious answer, but I'm giving up and asking anyway. My NC is not rooted so I just have the "out of the box" functionality. Today I bought a micro SD card; put it in my camera, took some pictures, put it in the Nook and was able to view them and post via the web app. So far, so good!

When I removed the card, I got a warning notification that it was not "unmounted" correctly. I know what that means and how to do it on a PC, but cannot for the life of me figure out a way to "unmount" the card on the Nook. Do I just have to Power OFF?
unscented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by unscented View Post
I'm a fairly new Nook Color owner and love it so far. I've gotten a lot of help by searching topics in this Forum - THANKS!

I have a question I've been unable to find here - it may be one of those questions that has an embarassingly obvious answer, but I'm giving up and asking anyway. My NC is not rooted so I just have the "out of the box" functionality. Today I bought a micro SD card; put it in my camera, took some pictures, put it in the Nook and was able to view them and post via the web app. So far, so good!

When I removed the card, I got a warning notification that it was not "unmounted" correctly. I know what that means and how to do it on a PC, but cannot for the life of me figure out a way to "unmount" the card on the Nook. Do I just have to Power OFF?
Go to Settings => Device info => SD card.
There you will find an option to unmount the SD card.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
unscented
unscented began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Oh geez... why did I not think of "Settings?" Thank you!
unscented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
Magnus
Enthusiast
Magnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by unscented View Post
Do I just have to Power OFF?
That will work also.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote