Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-09-2016, 04:37 AM   #1
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Kobo Cover Screen Wrong?

My Kobo Glo had an odd moment a few days ago where nothing would make it come out of sleep. I used the power switch and reset button, yet no change. I plugged it in and it restarted finally. I know it wasn't dead because I charged it a few days earlier and it usually lasts me 3 or so weeks.

Now it's acting perfectly fine BUT the screen keeps showing Gone Girl when I'm reading HP 7th. Why is the wrong book cover being shown in sleep/power off? I've turned it off and on. I've used the reset button. I'd rather not have to reset the whole ereader but seeing the book cover has always been a nice bonus with Kobo.

Any ideas on how to fix this??
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:43 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Check the date and time. It's probably been reset.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:51 AM   #3
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Check the date and time. It's probably been reset.
Thank you! It worked. Though I had to put it in twice since it put itself to sleep after the first attempt...

I don't understand why my Kobo always wants to think its May 2012... For a long time, I use to hate my ereader because it would continuously freeze until I figured out the date thing...

So odd... lol

Thank you again! You saved me a ton of irritation when it would inevitably start freezing from the date change.
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:13 PM   #4
KipIngram
KipIngram began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
That is bizarre. My Aura H2O just did the same thing, and indeed the date was off. Why does that affect the cover shown? The cover it was showing was not even on the reader in 2012. I didn't even HAVE the reader in 2012.

Weird.
KipIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The cover shown during sleep is for the book most recently read. That is defined as the book with the highest timestamp in the recently read field in the database. That means if you open two books with the correct time on the device, the last opened will show as the cover. If you then set the time to somewhere in the past, the last opened will still show. But, if you then open that book, the last read timestamp will be changed to whatever the clock is showing. Then the other books will show as the cover is it has the later last read timestamp.

So, apart from the clock changing, everything is working as expected.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book cover, kobo, kobo glo