Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-19-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
duytrung
duytrung began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Porfolio View for quick selection/removing document

Hello all,

I don't know whether Calibre has this functionality. If not I want to request for a feature that it really really useful for filtering/selection in the pile of misc documents.

The problem is I have in my computer a lot of old documents, ebooks with various formats. Some of them are important, some are not. I have to filter them but have to open the associated program, for example adobe reader, microsoft word, notepad++, ...etc. Why don't we implement a function for:
1. Calibre to point to the folder, for example, "D:\MyMiscDocuments" then
2. Calibre will generate a quick view of the all the docs, and display them as a portfolio (alike PDF porfolio created by Adobe Acrobat).
3. From there, user can view the document quickly without using different associated programs (if they want to edit the docs, they have to use the appropriate software).
4. User can decide to:
- keep the item by insert it into the library by pressing [Insert],
- delete the item to recycle bin if they don't need it by pressing [Delete]
- can quickly turn the page to see more contents by pressing [page up] or [page down].

I believe that is function is practical for calibre users. I use to work with various documents for a education project, it's quite boring slow for a traditional way to sort them though.

Kind regards
duytrung is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filtering, porfolio, selection, sorting, view