Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
Swifty4635
Enthusiast
Swifty4635 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle: Cover and title links in fly out TOC menu both point to the cover page

This is my workflow. I create the manuscript in word (office 365). I use heading styles to specify the chapter and sub chapters. I then use calibre to convert the book into an epub and add a title page to the TOC. to test out out it will look like in kindle for PC, I upload the epub to kdp and then download the resulting mobi file. I open the mobi file in kindle for PC. I click on the 3 lined hamburger icon in small tools pane in the left side of the screen to bring up the clickable TOC menu. I click on "Cover" and it displays the cover page as it should. I then click on "Title Page", but it does not display the title page. Instead it displays the cover page. Why is this happening? Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix this? Thanks.
Swifty4635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Umm you are not using calibre to generate your MOBI, so youshould really post in the Kindle forums for help with the amazon publishing process. Most likely you will need to add a guide element to the EPUB to control twhere the title page link points.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote