Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #1
tetrault
Enthusiast
tetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3
Find/Replace Window close shortcut

Is there a keyboard shortcut for closing the Find/Replace window? Sigil has shortcuts for almost everything, but I can’t locate a shortcut for that window.

If a shortcut doesn’t exist, I can make a macro if I know the name of the close button (red square and white X). The name isn’t ‘close.’
tetrault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Not as far as I know, I've looked for it myself. Something like Alt+F to hide/show it would be good.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
According to the ui form, the close button is a tabstop. So you should tab toit and hit enter to hide it when using only the keyboard.

See the tabstops section of the following form file.

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...FindReplace.ui
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
According to the ui form, the close button is a tabstop. So you should tab toit and hit enter to hide it when using only the keyboard.

See the tabstops section of the following form file.

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...FindReplace.ui
From the Find box it takes 9 Tabs to get to the Close button. Qt's highlighting of the current widget is very hard to see at the best of times; on the close button, for me at least, it's highlight is effectively non-existent.

Shift+Tab in Find box lands on the expand button (bottom left) and the highlight is barely visible, another Shift+Tab does nothing, Tab from there and the focus goes back to Find.

So yes you can Tab to it, but it requires up to 9 tabs, one too many and its another 9 tabs

BR
Old 02-15-2019, 08:02 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If F&R already has the focus, ESC will close it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

so it does, and you can give it focus with Ctrl+F

BR
Old 02-15-2019, 08:14 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I won't pretend I knew that all along. I was just playing around with it today after I saw this question.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:31 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

When I've looked for a shortcut it has been was when I wasn't in F&R, but wanted to hide F&R, so I resort to using the mouse.

IMO ctrl+f, Esc is more than good enough Maybe the close button isn't even needed :duck for cover smiley:

BR