Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
do Booksamillion coupon codes work for you?

SEE POST #11 coupons not good on ebooks

I wasn't sure if this question should go in the General forum or Deals - I have a coupon code but am unable to enter it, so this is more of a tech question.

I'm hoping to find out if anyone has been able to successfully use a coupon code on booksamillion.com

I got a coupon code by email from Booksamillion.com which I wanted to use. I put several items in my cart, clicked Checkout, and it skipped straight to a Review Order screen which has places to enter a Millionaires club member number, or a gift certificate code, but not for coupons.

I tried their Chat function was told that the coupon code should be entered on the Payment screen. Unfortunately, though the Review screen has tabs at the top for Shipping and Payment, if I click on them nothing happens. Clicking Back takes me back to the cart.

I was using Internet Explorer, and the Chat person suggested I try Chrome, which I didn't have on my computer, so I downloaded and installed Chrome but ended up with the same problem. (Firefox also.)

The only other suggestion the Chat person had was to call their 800 number to place the order and get the discount, but they are only there 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, which doesn't give me much time to get the phone call done before or after work tomorrow.

Yes, I know there are other stores out there from which I could get the books, and none of them is something I just have to have right this minute, I'm just annoyed and wondered if anyone else had found a way to make a coupon code work on booksamillion.

Last edited by 4691mls; 07-05-2015 at 09:53 PM. Reason: update
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Can't you just follow the normal checkout procedure, and wait until you get to the payment screen naturally? Usually, checkout screens have Next buttons or similar (like continue to payment). The tabs at the top are usually just meant to show progress through the process.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

nope, from the cart when I click "check out" it goes straight to the Review screen without any stops in between
Old 06-30-2015, 09:56 PM   #4
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Do you need to 'activate' something by clicking through to the website directly from the email? When Book Depository sends out coupons, you don't see the screen with a space for coupons unless you've linked from the email. Just a thought...
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:49 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard

Clicking the email takes you to a page where you get a coupon code that you are supposed to enter during the checkout process
Old 07-01-2015, 12:27 AM   #6
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Somewhere during the checkout process it has to ask for payment, I would think.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:48 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
May be of help?

http://www.booksamillion.com/help/order.html
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #8
4691mls
Wizard

BooksaMillion's online help, FAQ's, etc. did not help me.

I was hoping someone else on MobileRead might have actually bought from Booksamillion and could tell me from personal experience if they were able to enter a coupon, but so far it doesn't appear that anybody on Mobileread shops there.

I'm dashing off to work now, maybe I will have time to deal with this at the end of the day.

Thanks to those who have offered suggestions.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #9
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Are you sure that Books A Million still sells books?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Are you sure that Books A Million still sells books?

Yes, they do.

Here's their website:

http://www.booksamillion.com/
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #11
4691mls
Wizard

UPDATE: turns out their coupons don't work on ebooks. Apparently it was in the fine print on the coupon but I didn't see it.