Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Translating entire pages

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but if not .... Google has a toolbar with a "translate" button on it that will translate whole web pages into English from all sorts of different languages.

They probably have translation buttons (or settings anyway) that go from other languages to other languages ... other than English, anyway.

I just tested it on a few posts from the French Forum, and while it's not perfect, it's pretty damn good. You essentially get the whole page, in it's original format, but with the language translated.

I'm using it with Firefox. I'm sure they must make the Google toolbar for other browsers, but I can only vouch for how it works in Firefox.

Ooooo .... just found the setting regarding the language. You can set it to pretty much whatever you want. Orrrr .... maybe not, I selected French, but it's still stuck on English.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 02-09-2009 at 01:53 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I've used that feature several times and it seem sto work pretty well.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have also used babblefish with good results.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
btw this is a good way to get around overprotective firewalls as it look to the compuer as it is coming from google.
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote