Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Remix OS Android on PC

Remix OS

Quote:
Remix OS is a now-discontinued computer operating system for personal computers with x86 and ARM architectures that, prior to discontinuation of development, shipped with a number of 1st- and 3rd-party devices. Remix OS allowed PC users to run Android mobile apps on any compatible Intel-based PC.
I test this OS on my comuter, and I really like it.
I have now dual boot, Windows 7 and Remix OS.

Pros:
  1. Play store, all app works.
  2. Android Marshmallow.
  3. Multi-Windows, apps working in parallel.
  4. Games working with keyboard, with key mapping.
  5. Desktop look, remind me of Windows 7/10.
  6. Easy installment.
  7. Free.

Cons:
  1. It's bugy.

Install time 10-20 min, depnding by the partition you choose 8gb, 16gb or 32gb.
Boot time 3 min.

Last edited by oren64; 10-15-2017 at 03:00 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
...now-discontinued...
The problem is that it's discontinued. It will never receive any updates. So it will remain buggy.

A similar alternative, which is still supported, is Phoenix OS.

It's still not released. I don't know what you're trying to achieve by running Android on a PC but it's definitely not worth it. Better find a tablet with a keyboard, running Android.
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #3
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmart View Post
The problem is that it's discontinued. It will never receive any updates. So it will remain buggy.
In the website it say it "Regular Updates",so I believe they will fix bugs in future, I just install it so I can't confirm it.

Quote:
It's still not released. I don't know what you're trying to achieve by running Android on a PC but it's definitely not worth it. Better find a tablet with a keyboard, running Android.
I have Android smartphone and android tablet, I'm still going to use Windows as my main OS.

Edit: I now check and the last update was in Nov 2016, so don't know if there will be an update in the future.

Last edited by oren64; 10-15-2017 at 03:45 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:40 PM   #4
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
In website it say it "Regular Updates",so I believe they will fix bugs in future, I just install it so I can't confirm it.

I have Android smartphone and android tablet, I'm still going to use the Windows as my main OS.
Nice if it works great for you. I suggest you, though, to try Phoenix OS also. It may play better on your PC.
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote