Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 03:34 AM   #1
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
Odd format books freezing between chapters

I have an Author I'm reading and I can't quite figure out her formatting on her books. For some reason when I reach the end of her chapter it freezes. It takes FOREVER me punching the screen to advance to the next page and then it usually skips ahead several pages and it's so frustrating.

Anyone willing to take a look at it and tell me what's up?

I'm not even sure how I would post it here or if I'm allowed.

Last edited by allowingtoo; 12-13-2018 at 03:37 AM.
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Where did you obtain the book?

The mods will edit out the source if it was illegal.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please do not even THINK about uploading copyrighted material. Doing so would be most... unwise.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I was wondering if the book was a legally obtained public domain classic from somewhere like manybooks or project gutenberg. It might be badly formatted, or in a sub-optimal format type for the ereader.

On the other hand, there's always the chance it was not legally sourced . . .
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote