Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-22-2024, 05:42 PM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
best eink tablets for 2024

An Engadget article:

https://www.engadget.com/best-e-ink-...130037939.html
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:40 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I got a bit of a laugh out of giving the reMarkable II, the best in show. I'm sorry but from my experience with the reMarkable and reMarkable II which was in corporate settings, neither was the best for reading, writing and, probably the most important for corporate types, security.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2024, 08:07 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The reMarkable is a poor copy of the Sony DPT.
It's USB Networking, not even MTP.

It's for PDFs, but 10.3″ at the 223 dpi approx resolution just isn't quite good enough for PDFs (Elipsa and reMarkable tested and compared with 10.9″ TCL Nxtpaper 11).

Engadget "went off" about 12-15 years ago.

They don't properly review these at all.

Also Tablet suggests more than PDFs and notes. The Kindle Scribe and reMarkable have no apps other than notes.

Really only the Onyx has einK tablets. The rest are PDF + notes, or ereader + PDF plus notes. The issues of Scribe lock-in to Amazon server system hardly mentioned.

Only the UK "The Guardian" has worse tech reviews.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:17 AM   #4
Gormagon
monstrous mythical beast
Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tab Ultra C, Meebook P78 Pro, TCL 40Nxtpaper, TCL Nxtpaper11
All I see is a site about having to accept cookies from a yahoo subsidiary. No, thanks.

Lists of best devices are always very subjective. What I consider best may not be best for another person, it all depends on one's needs and wishes. I really don't like devices without microSD-card slot for example. Besides I like to organize my files in folders, so anything that doesn't offer me an option to few files in folders are rather useless for me and so on…

off topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth
Only the UK "The Guardian" has worse tech reviews.
The Guardian has worse of everything.
Gormagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:41 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem here is NONE of the devices in the article are eInk tablets. So what's the point?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2024, 08:33 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
And the best ereaders:

https://www.engadget.com/best-ereader-130013808.html
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:58 AM   #7
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Quote:
Cons
  • More expensive
  • Kobo store selection lacks Amazon Original titles
Yeah...no ****? I can understand putting "vendor/platform exclusive content" as a Pro under the Kindle, but putting it as a con under the Kobo just seems stupid, unless you were also going to put it as a Con under every other non-Kindle device, too (the Boox, the Nook, etc).

I don't think my write-up of streaming services would be well-received if I put "Cannot stream Disney-IP content" as a con under Netflix...
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote