Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #16
KarlB
Enthusiast
KarlB began at the beginning.

Device: clay tablet
How long do we have to wait before keyboards, cellphones, Kindles, etc. are all made to be dishwasher-safe?

Jeez
KarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #17
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Yeah, I use BOb's method.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #18
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlB View Post
How long do we have to wait before keyboards, cellphones, Kindles, etc. are all made to be dishwasher-safe?

Jeez
You may be kidding, but dishwashers have long been known as a great way to clean keyboards. You just have to make sure they dry completely before plugging them back in. (Though I've never done this with a Sun keyboard because they contained speakers and if the speaker cone was made of paper it wouldn't survive. But I've honestly never opened one up to see if the cone was made of paper or plastic.)

I dunno about cellphones or Kindles, but I've accidentally run an MP3 player (with its integrated LiPo battery fully charged) through both the washing machine and dryer -- it was in my pants pocket -- and it came out fine (though it had collected a bit of lint). The battery still had some charge, even.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #19
Old Man
Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Spit on the dirt and wipe it off with your sleeve.

BOb
Thanks for the great suggestion, BOb. I never would have thought of this.
Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote