Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 04:03 AM   #1
larysa
Zealot
larysa began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4
dedrm plug calibre

i have try to use dedrm 6.6.1 plug for calibre, but i have one epub with drm and this plug don't work...
this book does not open on ade, and calibre plug don't remove drm! i don't have serial of purchase.... how to solve this problem??
Old 11-05-2018, 04:14 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See section 8. (Links, Uploads, Copyright and DRM) in MR Posting Guidelines

You need to ask at the site where you got the plugin.

BR
Advert
Old 11-05-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
larysa
Zealot
larysa began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4
ok sorry. i've understand.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
Jon Bower
Jon Bower began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
DeDRM 6.6.1

Folks Hi My first Newbie post!

I have Kindle 3.3.1 (64 bit) on my Win 10 PC, patched to latest spec. I have installed the DeDRM v 6.6.1 plugin, downloaded from apprenticealf.wordpress.com.

I previously had a much earlier version of DeDRM (v6.2.1), and used it successfully for several years to convert azws and azw3 ebooks bought from Kindle/Amazon to epub.

But Amazon now appears to have introduced a pestiferous new DRM scheme, and Calibre cannot open the resulting azw files. Even if I download the azws directly to my PC (USB option) without using Kindle, and access using Calibre, I am told that the books are DRM protected when I attempt to open or convert them

Am I defeated?

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Bower View Post
Folks Hi My first Newbie post!
Perhaps you should have read post #2 in this thread before adding to it.

Added: Perhaps that was a bit harsh. Welcome to MobileRead.

Help with DRM removal is not allowed on this site. You need to ask for help by posting a comment to Apprentice Alf's blog or posting an issue to Apprentice Harper's GitHub.

Last edited by jhowell; 11-15-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Advert
Old 11-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
you may also want to read the various threads about kindle for PC versions and the various kindle formats
short version is that having an older version of K for PC is better in that it downloads a different , older amazon format which various plugins find easier to handle
a forum search on kindle for PC should get you started, and may even link you to where to download the older versions from.
e.g. on my 64 bit windows 10- PC I have K for pc version 1.71 with auto updates disabled. So if you can find that version.....
Old 11-16-2018, 03:07 AM   #7
Jon Bower
Jon Bower began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
You might be a wizard, but you might also learn some posting manners. Goodbye.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:33 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
???

feel free to ignore all free advice...

...and stay defeated

Last edited by stumped; 11-16-2018 at 03:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:32 AM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
Thread closed - should have done it after post #3

BR
Closed Thread