Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-23-2017, 09:48 PM   #46
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Excellent Travel Guide to Spain for 6 - 12 Year Olds. FREE!

I ran across the series, of which this book is a part, a short time back. There were a couple of books in the series that were marked down. I thought that the series was really well done. I don't know now why I didn't post them--it might be because they weren't free, as this one is.

My followers on MobileRead (all 3 of you. ha) will recognize that there aren't enough ratings to satisfy my requirement of a book having at least 20 ratings. I haven't exactly thrown that requirement out the window this time. According to the dedicated Amazon webpage for the book, it was published only 8 days ago, so I feel that I should cut it some slack. But my main reason for setting aside the requirement is that all other books in the series have garnered outstanding reviews. I think that that speaks volumes (no pun intended. ).

Amazon says that this book is suitable for age level 6 -12. From my preview of the book, that seems reasonable.

This ebook is a print replica Kindle Edition.

The markdown on this ebook is good through tomorrow, Tuesday, January 24.

Kids’ Travel Guide series includes travel books to many more destinations: France, Paris, Italy, Rome, Thailand, Bangkok, London, United Kingdom, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York City, and more. Choose your country guide, city guide or both, in one combined edition.

Kids' Travel Guide - Spain: The fun way to discover Spain - especially for kids (Kids' Travel Guide series Book 20). By Wendy Crawford, et al. Rated 5.0 stars, but from only 3 reviews at Amazon at the present moment; no ratings at GoodReads yet. Print list price $8.50; digital list price $2.99; Kindle price now $0.00. Flying Kids, publisher. 44 pages. https://www.amazon.com/Kids-Travel-G...dp/B01NBSE3QC/.

Book Description
Barcelona, Madrid, Seville... Whichever city or part of Spain your family plans to visit, make sure you have the Kids' Travel Guide - Spain.

A unique travel guide and activity book in one, it’s the fun way to discover Spain!

Now available for e-book readers too! Kids’ Travel Guide - Spain is an interactive travel book that includes quizzes, tasks, coloring pages, a travel diary, and much more. While the print edition provides the most complete experience, you can now combine it with the e-book to engage kids fully . . . .

˃˃˃ All about Spain, especially for kids

Its geography, flags and symbols, and fascinating history, as well as Spanish culture, food, and even some useful word in Spanish.

˃˃˃ Fun, educational, and engaged the kids

Leonardo, your kid’s tour guide, will take the kids to a journey in Spain and make it interesting with fun fact, "juicy information," quizzes, special tasks, kid’s diary, and coloring pages.

˃˃˃ Bonus for parents

Parents, are invited to participate, or to find an available bench and relax your Spain travel while your kids learn and enjoy.

˃˃˃ A personal book that becomes your Spanish souvenir from your vacation

When you return home, the guidebook and diary will become a memoir that the whole family can treasure for a lifetime.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:39 PM   #47
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I ran across the series, of which this book is a part, a short time back. There were a couple of books in the series that were marked down. I thought that the series was really well done. I don't know now why I didn't post them--it might be because they weren't free, as this one is.

My followers on MobileRead (all 3 of you. ha) will recognize that there aren't enough ratings to satisfy my requirement of a book having at least 20 ratings. I haven't exactly thrown that requirement out the window this time. According to the dedicated Amazon webpage for the book, it was published only 8 days ago, so I feel that I should cut it some slack. But my main reason for setting aside the requirement is that all other books in the series have garnered outstanding reviews. I think that that speaks volumes (no pun intended. ).

Amazon says that this book is suitable for age level 6 -12. From my preview of the book, that seems reasonable.

This ebook is a print replica Kindle Edition.

The markdown on this ebook is good through tomorrow, Tuesday, January 24.

Kids’ Travel Guide series includes travel books to many more destinations: France, Paris, Italy, Rome, Thailand, Bangkok, London, United Kingdom, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York City, and more. Choose your country guide, city guide or both, in one combined edition.

Kids' Travel Guide - Spain: The fun way to discover Spain - especially for kids (Kids' Travel Guide series Book 20). By Wendy Crawford, et al. Rated 5.0 stars, but from only 3 reviews at Amazon at the present moment; no ratings at GoodReads yet. Print list price $8.50; digital list price $2.99; Kindle price now $0.00. Flying Kids, publisher. 44 pages. https://www.amazon.com/Kids-Travel-G...dp/B01NBSE3QC/.

Book Description
Barcelona, Madrid, Seville... Whichever city or part of Spain your family plans to visit, make sure you have the Kids' Travel Guide - Spain.

A unique travel guide and activity book in one, it’s the fun way to discover Spain!

Now available for e-book readers too! Kids’ Travel Guide - Spain is an interactive travel book that includes quizzes, tasks, coloring pages, a travel diary, and much more. While the print edition provides the most complete experience, you can now combine it with the e-book to engage kids fully . . . .

˃˃˃ All about Spain, especially for kids

Its geography, flags and symbols, and fascinating history, as well as Spanish culture, food, and even some useful word in Spanish.

˃˃˃ Fun, educational, and engaged the kids

Leonardo, your kid’s tour guide, will take the kids to a journey in Spain and make it interesting with fun fact, "juicy information," quizzes, special tasks, kid’s diary, and coloring pages.

˃˃˃ Bonus for parents

Parents, are invited to participate, or to find an available bench and relax your Spain travel while your kids learn and enjoy.

˃˃˃ A personal book that becomes your Spanish souvenir from your vacation

When you return home, the guidebook and diary will become a memoir that the whole family can treasure for a lifetime.
Thanks. FYI, there are many other free Kindle travel guides for kids, here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2017, 01:18 AM   #48
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Thanks. FYI, there are many other free Kindle travel guides for kids, here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank
Thanks.

There are quite a few freebies. It's potluck whether or not you find one with the country that your child is visiting, of course. And the quality looks mixed. I have vetted the FlyingKids series, so I can post one from that series with a pretty high degree of confidence.

It would be a good deed if someone would vet the freebies at the webpage that you referred to, and see if any of them are any good. Anyone up to it?
Old 01-24-2017, 04:24 AM   #49
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Thank you for pointing to those ebooks!
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #50
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
X-link to the DRM-free thread for a new StoryBundle:

The Hero-Up Middle Grade Bundle contains novels for tween/YA readers across various genres, including mystery, fantasy, and school adventures, all published by small press Curiosity Quills.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #51
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Can anyone explain why this thread languishes like it does? Are there no YA's who use ereaders? Do YA's tell parents that they don't need their help finding ebooks that they want to read, and so ignore you when you suggest one?
Old 02-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #52
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Can anyone explain why this thread languishes like it does? Are there no YA's who use ereaders? Do YA's tell parents that they don't need their help finding ebooks that they want to read, and so ignore you when you suggest one?
I am not a YA, but I do read them so it would be nice to see them here. I have seen YA books in the genre threads though.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:18 PM   #53
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
I am not as vigilant in deal searching as I used to be (cutting back on buying), but I honestly don't see many YA deals come up. My guess is that the YA fans tend to be more willing to buy the books even when they aren't on sale or they are more available at the online libraries.

Then again, Children and Middle Grade books don't seem to come up on sale too often either.
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:44 PM   #54
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I'll try to post more of them. In fact, I passed over one earlier today that I thought would be a good one. I'll try to post it in a few minutes . . . .
Old 02-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #55
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

#1 Seller in One Category at Kindle Store--Bk to Help Children See Their Uniqueness.

And, it's free!

I realize now why I didn't post this earlier in the day--it doesn't have enough ratings for me to obey my rule about a book having to have a minimum of 20 posts before I'll post it. Oh well, it's too late now. And all 12 ratings are 5's.

While I was working on posting this book, I realized another thing that YA books have to face--the YA designation takes in several age groups. That's not true of any other genre that I can think of. If someone is over, say 18 years of age, he or she would be able to comprehend a book in any other genre (I'm not saying difficulty). By all rights, the YA thread should have more posts than the other ones, not less!

Amazon says that this book is appropriate for Age Level 0-5 and Grade Level P-K.

Self-published, but I saw nothing in the O.P. forbidding that on this thread.

My Spots. By Marina V.; Victoria Usova (Illustrator). Rated 5.0 stars, but from only 12 reviews at Amazon at the present moment. Print list price $13.50; digital list price $3.99; Kindle price now $0.00. Amazon Digital Services LLC, publisher. 19 pages. https://www.amazon.com/My-Spots-Mari...dp/B01CDL8050/.

Book Description
This book is about self-love for kids. It’s about finding our own unique spots and being okay with what nature gave us. It’s about seeing what beautiful spots are found in nature by looking at animals and their spots and markings. I was inspired by my first daughter who was born with a Mongolian mark on her leg. She noticed it when she was just a baby and often asked me to wash it off or remove it. I felt so bad that I couldn’t remove it. Each time she would look at it she seemed upset so I told her that her birthmark is just like the marks on many animals in nature. I told her just like a leopard has its spots so does she and that it’s unique to her. This book expands on that idea and hopefully helps little kids accept their birthmarks whatever they may be by illustrating some of nature’s animals/birds/fish/insects and their marks or what I call in the book “spots.”

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-02-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:21 PM   #56
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Book of 50 Hairstyles that Every Girl Will Love. #1 Seller in 1 Kindle Sto. Category

In keeping with my commitment to post more YA titles, I present this one . . . .

It doesn't have the "required" (as per my own rules) number of ratings, but there are a total of 23 ratings at Amazon for all of the author's books (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byli...=relevancerank), and the average for all of them is extremely high. I'll let that make up for the low amount of ratings on this particular book that I'm posting now. Too, it is a #1 seller in one category in the Kindle store. And, the book is published by Chronicle Books, which I've come to recognize as a premier book publisher.

Amazon says that this book is suitable for Age Level 8 - 11, Grade Level K -17. But, if you're Willie Nelson, the age level doesn't matter.

Braids & Buns, Ponies & Pigtails: 50 Hairstyles Every Girl Will Love. By Jenny Strebe. Rated 4.8 stars, but from only 9 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $17.99; digital list price $13.99; Kindle price now $2.99. Chronicles Books LLC, 128 pages. https://www.amazon.com/Braids-Buns-P...dp/B018FLYNV2/.

Oh, the price of $2.99 is a nice 79% off of the digital list price.

Book Description
This essential resource for little girls and their parents features 50 fun styles to wear to school, parties, and playdates. Each style is accompanied by chic photography, easy-to-follow illustrations, and cross-references to other similar styles to try. This comprehensive guide also includes tips for junior hair care and advice on accessories such as clips and ribbons. From a Minnie Mouse bun for a themed birthday party to a French braid perfect for trampolining with friends, Braids & Buns, Ponies & Pigtails includes all the information parents need to create pretty styles any little girl will love.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:02 PM   #57
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Two FREE Books in the Explore More: Fun Learning Facts About . . . Series!

None of these have as many ratings as I would like to see, but books of the entire series are all very highly rated at Amazon and GoodReads.

Amazon says that these books are suitable for ages 5-15.

Explore More: Fun Learning Facts About Earth: Illustrated Fun Learning For Kids. $0.00.

Explore More: Fun Learning Facts About Stars: Illustrated Fun Learning For Kids. $0.00.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #58
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Free

The Microwave Who Turned Into A Camera
by Mike Cam

Recently it was discovered that microwaves can turn in to cameras. In this book dedicated to Kellyanne Conway, the reader will meet Mike, a microwave who has trouble discovering who he really is. His friends tell him that he should just be a microwave, but deep down he feels that he is a camera.

After taking some time to think and gain life experience Mike eventually realizes he is a camera, and decides to go by the name Cam.

In this coming of age classic, we learn about the trials and tribulations in the lives of modern microwaves.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eillance-obama

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKVLG68/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XKVLG68/

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XKVLG68/
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:11 AM   #59
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
About a half-dozen $1.99 YA bargains from HarperCollins being offered as part of a Kobo Canada “vote for your favourites” contest (prices should mostly be the same in the US and the other retailers): Imagination Fuel for Kids & Teens

This includes the classic Newbery Medal-winner Bridge to Terabithia (Wikipedia) by Katherine Paterson, and Canadian Governor General Award winners Kenneth Oppel (Wikipedia) & John Klassen's standalone illustrated ghostly fantasy The Nest

Another $1.99 HarperCollins deal is fantasy artist Brom's (Wikipedia) illustrated fantasy novel The Child Thief, which the blurb calls a dark take on Peter Pan.

Chronicle Books also has some kids/YA titles of potential interest:

@ 99 cents each for what looks like the entire series of Annie Barrows' (Wikipedia) popular Ivy & Bean series about two girls' friendship: linkage for the lot via the author's name, sorted by price.

@ $1.99 by The Revelation of Louisa May by Michaela McColl, a standalone YA historical novel with mystery elements about the classic author of Little Women, which the blurb says was a Junior Guild selection.

And at the $2.99 mark from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt:

ETA: 2 more tween/YA-friendly biographies from HMH @ $1.99-$2.99 (Canada is $2.99, but the US is more sporadic about which books here correspond to which price there)

Last edited by ATDrake; 03-31-2017 at 02:29 AM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:02 PM   #60
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

A French Quarter Alphabet.

A charming, really charming book that not only has lots of cool watercolor illustrations, but also tries to teach children about New Orleans by using letters of the alphabet. Honestly, I like the ebook so much that I'm going to grab a copy for myself!

Since the preview goes from "A" to "E," I wish to add an entry for "F":

F -- Flood. Terrible one. What happened in 2005 because idiot government officials did not build the levy walls as high as they knew that they would need to be if a storm like Katrina ever hit.

https://www.amazon.com/French-Quarte...dp/B01N18KD6X/.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-06-2017 at 08:14 PM.