Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Which is "our version"?

Lynx == Artatech version with Polish store and TTS
T76 == Russian version
All other T68 == "Official Boox International" version

Is it like this?
The Artatech version is the version sold by http://onyx-boox.com, and also by Amazon.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #32
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
Quote:
T76 == Russian version
ONYX BOOX T76ML CLEOPATRA has touch https://translate.google.com/transla...76ml_cleopatra

ONYX BOOX T76SML NEFERTITI doesn't have touch https://translate.google.com/transla...6sml_nefertiti

(discussions : https://translate.googleusercontent....Y9Nu-wu1X8dfBw https://translate.google.com/transla...%3Fp%3D1173570 )

Last edited by pierro78; 07-03-2014 at 10:17 AM.
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #33
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Which is "our version"?

Lynx == Artatech version with Polish store and TTS
T76 == Russian version
All other T68 == "Official Boox International" version

Is it like this?
Yes, it is correct.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #34
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Katsunami, if you want to buy at your Dutch store - why don't you ask them? They should know much better what they are selling than Booxtor.

And according to the description on their website it could be the Artatech version. They mention Lynx somewhere and they mention the Ivona tts.
Yes, but SweetPea says that there is no Polish store (and possibly no Ivona, but she hasn't checked), and thus it would NOT be the Artatech version.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #35
perfilad0
perfilad0 began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
when you click selection zoom you can touch the screen and then drag.
In dragging, there is a highlight region. When you release finger, it just zoom the selection region

In later version we will add a message how to use this tool, after click on selective zoom..
I reset calibrate and in OnyxReader "Selection" in Zoom works, but only It's cropped the width of the page, the Headers and Footers in the pdf are displayed. I want to hide numbers of pages and headers in the pdf, is it posible??
In the NeoReader what happens is that when I click in "Selection" nothing happens, the margins for cropping are not displayed, is as if I had not pressed nothing, simply the menu disappears. Which may be the problem???

Thank you!!

Last edited by perfilad0; 07-03-2014 at 03:29 PM.
perfilad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #36
Just-read
Just-read began at the beginning.

Device: None
@ Booxtor

is there anyway to reset my M96 to the manufacturer setting. after i installed your update package i have no response from the stylus. i can access the books using the small joystick and the buttons on m96. but the stylus does not work at all. I am wondering if my M96 has problem.

your help is highly appreciated.

regards

Quote:
Could you please retry the calibration ? Try to not to do double click at the same calibration point. You can try instead of short click to do like draw small circle.
Just-read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #37
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
Hi to all, today i have my new T68 and after three hours of playing i have updated it.

I have three little problems

1) When i'm viewing a image i can go to the next image or after with the keyboard (before the update i was cappable of doing it) This is for reading manga ( i have tried another time after a reset and now works ¿?¿?¿? ) but sometimes the image don't view i have to return to the file navigator an reopen the gallery (aplication to view images)

2) I don't know if i can hide the status bar of the android in the gallery aplication (are you using another aplication) i prefer a full-screen to view the images, to don't lose any pixels

3)i'm trying to use the vncviewer to see my home computer (i'm using fedora 20) anybody have succesfull conected and see a terminal ¿?

Many thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Last edited by kapoira; 07-03-2014 at 06:26 PM.
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #38
Compass.
Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: T68,AuraHD,kobo glo
Smile I am T68 user. plz read it.

Thank you. Two months ago, I bought from china online shop. Now I updated 1.5 ver.

I think, some improvements are needed while using the T68.

1. T68 is the minimum brightness is too bright. Should be adjusted to a lower brightness?

2. Touch-sensitive is incorrect.
Can you fix it? Plz~

3. I am Korean. some applications require the Korean locale settings. Can you add Korean locale on framework-res.apk ?

Last edited by Compass.; 07-04-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Compass. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #39
Compass.
Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: T68,AuraHD,kobo glo
Solution 2. If you rooted, you can hide status bar with full!screen app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoira View Post
Hi to all, today i have my new T68 and after three hours of playing i have updated it.

I have three little problems

1) When i'm viewing a image i can go to the next image or after with the keyboard (before the update i was cappable of doing it) This is for reading manga ( i have tried another time after a reset and now works ¿?¿?¿? ) but sometimes the image don't view i have to return to the file navigator an reopen the gallery (aplication to view images)

2) I don't know if i can hide the status bar of the android in the gallery aplication (are you using another aplication) i prefer a full-screen to view the images, to don't lose any pixels

3)i'm trying to use the vncviewer to see my home computer (i'm using fedora 20) anybody have succesfull conected and see a terminal ¿?

Many thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Last edited by Compass.; 07-03-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Compass. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The version of the T68 sold on Amazon.com is sold by Ara Tech and is the Lynx version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #41
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Yes, it is correct.
The box says "international onyx" (or something like that) and is all in Chinese (I think...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Artatech version is the version sold by http://onyx-boox.com, and also by Amazon.
This is the one I bought...

http://e-readerweb.nl/index.php?item...=54506&lang=NL
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:54 AM   #42
illumilore
illumilore began at the beginning.

Device: nook touch
How are you supposed to put update.zip in your root folder if / is read only?
illumilore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:58 AM   #43
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
I really hope that the native reading apps (Onyx Reader and Neo Onyx Reader) on the T68 are quickly updated so that they can merge the annotations with a PDF file like was possible on the I62HD and M92. It is a giant step backwards, otherwise. The T68 is a great device but I already find myself going back to my older Onyx machines to get serious work done because it is useless having a bunch of highlights and notes that cannot be transferred to my computer.

Of course there are other PDF reader apps that can be installed. Even Moon Reader has the ability to highlight PDF files and these annotations can be seen after transferring the PDF to the computer, but none of these other apps are customized for the e-ink screen as nicely as the Onyx apps. They often appear washed out or have serious ghosting issues. These are not deal-breaking problems by any means (I find RepliGo Reader with reflow is readable in most cases but the page turn buttons do not work and there is still ghosting to deal with) but the crispness of the text in the Onyx apps is so much better...yet a better reading experience is balanced by the fact that I cannot export my highlights. So it is either read on apps that were not designed for e-ink but can merge annotations with a PDF or read on apps designed for e-ink but lack this basic PDF functionality. For people who are thinking about using this device as a serious academic/study device this could be an issue.

That said, it is a lovely little device but can be a bit frustrating for someone who was accustomed to the PDF merge function on the older software.
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:28 AM   #44
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by illumilore View Post
How are you supposed to put update.zip in your root folder if / is read only?
I mean accessible root folder. Upper level in your file manager.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	root.png
Views:	1128
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	124893  
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #45
wolviex
wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by talizh View Post
I really hope that the native reading apps (Onyx Reader and Neo Onyx Reader) on the T68 are quickly updated so that they can merge the annotations with a PDF file like was possible on the I62HD and M92. It is a giant step backwards, otherwise. The T68 is a great device but I already find myself going back to my older Onyx machines to get serious work done because it is useless having a bunch of highlights and notes that cannot be transferred to my computer.

Of course there are other PDF reader apps that can be installed. Even Moon Reader has the ability to highlight PDF files and these annotations can be seen after transferring the PDF to the computer, but none of these other apps are customized for the e-ink screen as nicely as the Onyx apps. They often appear washed out or have serious ghosting issues. These are not deal-breaking problems by any means (I find RepliGo Reader with reflow is readable in most cases but the page turn buttons do not work and there is still ghosting to deal with) but the crispness of the text in the Onyx apps is so much better...yet a better reading experience is balanced by the fact that I cannot export my highlights. So it is either read on apps that were not designed for e-ink but can merge annotations with a PDF or read on apps designed for e-ink but lack this basic PDF functionality. For people who are thinking about using this device as a serious academic/study device this could be an issue.

That said, it is a lovely little device but can be a bit frustrating for someone who was accustomed to the PDF merge function on the older software.
I echo this concerns 100%. And I know Arta-Tech guys are also reading this board - take this under serious consideration in the next updates, please!
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote