Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 12:15 AM   #1
22nightowls
22nightowls began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Post Kobo Aura One : Manual Setup Using Calibre

I am in a country where Kobo Aura One WiFi setup sites seem blocked.
* I can access and read/write my Kobo Aura One as a USB device
* I can access and download the Kobo Aura One firmware using standard circumvention software
* I have copied the Kobo Aura One firmware (both, as it is and unpacked as well) to the Kobo Aura One filesystem
* I have installed a working copy of Calibre software package on my (Linux) laptop
= I can see my Kobo Aura One connected to Calibre it can see the installed firmware and I can perform a few manipulations like adding reading books.
-> However my Kobo Aura One doesn't work as a stand alone device it still wants to be set up using WiFi (which obviously doesn't work) or using the Kobo Windows Software VM-Ware which also wants to connect to the blocked network.
How can I make Kobo to recognize a manual setup ?
22nightowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:50 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Something like http://bedroomcoders.co.uk/kobo-glo-...t-to-register/ may be useful to you. Not sure if things have changed since it was written though
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:09 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
Something like http://bedroomcoders.co.uk/kobo-glo-...t-to-register/ may be useful to you. Not sure if things have changed since it was written though
That should work.

@22nightowls: What is the "standard circumvention software"? I assume some VPN or something that allows you to get to the Kobo server. Why doesn't this work for setting up the device using the PC application?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #4
22nightowls

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That should work.

@22nightowls: What is the "standard circumvention software"? I assume some VPN or something that allows you to get to the Kobo server. Why doesn't this work for setting up the device using the PC application?
It's because my circumvention software is an app of my browser only.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:05 AM   #5
22nightowls

Thank you for the linx. I have found two more sites, perhaps you need to edit the addresses :

http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=171664

https://googleweblight.com/?lite_url...U8e7N4tIeQ8UGg

There are changes in the pipelines of our governments internet screening and access policies as well.

I will update the post

Last edited by 22nightowls; 02-13-2018 at 12:06 AM. Reason: typo typo

Tags
blocked wifi, calibre, firmware, manual setup